Evga 1000w G2 psu for 2 x Titan X ?

Beaches
Go to solution Solved by STRMfrmXMN,

well its not like other options are off the list at this point,

butttt, when i built my first rig, i had a issue with the first psu not being silent (sry btw the psu i was using was an evga 750g gold ) and i mean there was something really wrong with it, 

i called evga, the guy over the phone asked if i would put the phone up to the power supply, and then he was like "yupp send it back and we will give you a brand new one sorry for the hassle, and dont worry about shipping we will cover that for you."

so evga for that alone made me want to buy again from them.   :P

so you guys said 1000w is perfeclty fine for that cpu and 1 titanx, and then enough for down the road sli of the same card, good to hear. will water cooling take up more power from the fan usage and pump ? or is it not enough power usage to matter.

whats the difference between gold and plat ? other than a hefty price tag :D

Effiency: A pretty sticker on the side of the PSU that makes you spend more because higher classes of metals obviously = better PSU /s

You're fine with gold. You won't notice enough of a power difference to care.

1000W will be plenty. I promise. Two Titan Xs overclocked is prbably getting you in the neighborhood of 700-750W under load which is why your old PSU was making noise - the fan was running at full blast when you put the thing under load. 1000W will yield no problems my friend.

i will be running a 4790k on a asus gene vii, with a hydro copper titanX, and wanted to know if the evga 1000w G2 psu will be enough to run dual TitanX's in SLI. or if i need less or more, also the system is obviously being water cooled so i dont know if that will draw more power  or the same as fans or something like that.

1000 P2 is better.Platinum Efficiency ^-^ 

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

1000W is more than enough. How do I know? I know because I'm using the same CPU with two R9 Fury Tri-Xs and there's still a good amount of wattage left.

"The REVISED Companion Cube, v2.1" - "1440p, lock on." Discover it by clicking here.   // Peripherals - Corsair Strafe RGB  + Steelseries Rival

CPU - i7-6700k // Motherboard - ASRock Z170 Extreme 6+ // CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i GTX // Memory - 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4-2133 (2x8GB) // Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 1TB // Graphics - Crossfire Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X // PSU -  EVGA SuperNova G2 850W // Case - Corsair Carbide Air 540 (Steel) // Devices - iPhone 6 Plus, Macbook Pro //

i will be running a 4790k on a asus gene vii, with a hydro copper titanX, and wanted to know if the evga 1000w G2 psu will be enough to run dual TitanX's in SLI. or if i need less or more, also the system is obviously being water cooled so i dont know if that will draw more power  or the same as fans or something like that.

Should be fine with 1000W yes. EVGA 1000W G2 is great of course but there are plenty of options so don't go thinking you're stuck with EVGA. Check out the PSU whitelist in my sig.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

butttt, when i built my first rig, i had a issue with the first psu not being silent (sry btw the psu i was using was an evga 750g gold ) and i mean there was something really wrong with it, 
i called evga, the guy over the phone asked if i would put the phone up to the power supply, and then he was like "yupp send it back and we will give you a brand new one sorry for the hassle, and dont worry about shipping we will cover that for you."

so evga for that alone made me want to buy again from them.  :P

so you guys said 1000w is perfeclty fine for that cpu and 1 titanx, and then enough for down the road sli of the same card, good to hear. will water cooling take up more power from the fan usage and pump ? or is it not enough power usage to matter.

so evga for that alone made me want to buy again from them.   :P

Effiency: A pretty sticker on the side of the PSU that makes you spend more because higher classes of metals obviously = better PSU /s

You're fine with gold. You won't notice enough of a power difference to care.

1000W will be plenty. I promise. Two Titan Xs overclocked is prbably getting you in the neighborhood of 700-750W under load which is why your old PSU was making noise - the fan was running at full blast when you put the thing under load. 1000W will yield no problems my friend.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||