Intel to AMD Graphics

blankoos

@blankoos

most likely, either you connected the VGA/HDMI/Displayport cable into your mobo, thus causing the mobo to use the iGPU. Or, the bios is set to "forced iGPU" rather then auto or PCIe

have you got the monitor lead connected to the gpu or the mobo?

and have you connected the power cables to the gpu??

You know AMD drivers are literally a Google away, admittedly knowing what Windows people are on but most are on 7 or 8 so... http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Radeon-300-Series.aspx

Make sure your cable is plugged into the GPU and not the motherboard one, looks like your drivers weren't installed anyway

AMD drivers can be found here:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Manufacturer doesn't really make a difference (best to bookmark it)

Microsoft basic display driver is designed to run on 99% of cards so you can get to the desktop and install specific drivers.

Nope, nope and nope.

Of course I connected the PSU and monitor to the GPU. :P

Had to reset the CMOS due to wrong factory settings.

Then I just installed the main drivers off of the CD.

Everything's working perfectly now :)

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDPartnersAIBOESystemBuilder.aspx

#1, the reference card and the Nitro are NOT the same card.  They will have different cooling profiles.  If you ran the Nitro with EXACT reference drivers, then you will not get the full potential of the card.  Even with that said, once again, I gave the poor man a link to the OFFICIAL driver that Sapphire OFFICIALLY has placed on their page for that card (if that is the card he even has, becasue he still hasnt confirmed the model).

Bringing me around to #2, the OP has probably already done more damage than good to his current install of the OS.  I know that he is having further issues with the driver not installing as well as the video card not working at all.  This could easily be a hardware issue.

Yeah, I have the Tri-x Nitro one.

Here's the link to the site.

Have a look for yourself.

(I already fixed the issue though.)

http://www.misco.se/Product/Product.aspx?P_ItemID=10624300&SearchString=nitro%20390&RegisterSearch=1

Don't understand why you guys would send links after links of drivers when my system didn't recognize the GPU at all.

Thought I made it clear but never mind. :P

Like previously mentioned, I had to reset the CMOS and install the main drivers from the CD. 

And after I did that, I was able to install all the other drivers.

Easy piecy.

Cheers for all the help though, highly appreciated! :)

You still haven't given me a link that says not to use them, fan curves are usually built into the BIOS and you seem to be muddling them up.

But I'll be back with something to prove if I'm right or wrong

http://www.sapphiretech.com/productdetial.asp?Pid=C436E37C-8A09-48B6-9F2B-F4AF86E377B6&tag=download〈=eng

You are correct. The sapphire page also recommends you just download from amd's official drivers. 

http://www.sapphiretech.com/productdetial.asp?Pid=C436E37C-8A09-48B6-9F2B-F4AF86E377B6&tag=download〈=eng

You are correct. The sapphire page also recommends you just download from amd's official drivers.

Yeah, was trying to be polite but thanks.

Don't understand why you guys would send links after links of drivers when my system didn't recognize the GPU at all.

Thought I made it clear but never mind. [emoji14]

Like previously mentioned, I had to reset the CMOS and install the main drivers from the CD.

And after I did that, I was able to install all the other drivers.

Easy piecy.

Cheers for all the help though, highly appreciated! :)

The system won't recognise your GPU until the drivers are installed, sorry thought I added that in the original post.

Had the same issue with my R9 270 and trying to use AMDs autodetect but if you do it manually it works fine.

you want to download the latest drivers and not use the one on the cd..

more. to the point.. why on earth do you have a disc drive!?!? it's 2015!!!!!

I've not had a disc drive for about 6 years lol

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

you want to download the latest drivers and not use the one on the cd..

more. to the point.. why on earth do you have a disc drive!?!? it's 2015!!!!!

I've not had a disc drive for about 6 years lol

Nope.

I first tried to download the drivers from the website but it didn't work because my PC didn't even detect the GPU.

I think you HAVE to use the disc to intall the drivers in order for your system to recognize the GPU.

And THEN download the newest drivers off of the website.

I had to install my old disc drive due to this.

Nope.

I first tried to download the drivers from the website but it didn't work because my PC didn't even detect the GPU.

I think you HAVE to use the disc to intall the drivers in order for your system to recognize the GPU.

And THEN download the newest drivers off of the website.

I had to install my old disc drive due to this.

I think yours was just a fluke.

as I like many don't have an optical drive, so if this was the case lots of people would be very much screwed!

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

I think yours was just a fluke.

as I like many don't have an optical drive, so if this was the case lots of people would be very much screwed!

Yeah, I hope this was just a very rare individual problem.

Other than that, my new build was perfect! :D