No video signal, ATX 12V connection socket causing POST beeping.

Go to solution Solved by Aniallation,

It is not a problem with your PSU but rather motherboard or something connected to it.

No ATX12V (CPU power) is normal to have no beeps because it will never boot without CPU getting power.

When it is connected and it boots with beeps it means there's an issue with something

Techies,

Today I got a call from a friend of mine who wanted to upgrade his rigg with a new GPU. His new GPU needed a 6pin power connection and thus a new PSU since the current one did not have one. He and a friend of his replaced the PSU and the GPU and ran into a problem being POST beeping and no video signal. I got there and after a few minutes I decided to take it home together with the previous installed components.

After a whole lot of testing I got to this conclusion but have no idea what the solution is, even returning the system to it's former, working glory, setup doesn't seem to work:

As soon as I plugg the ATX 12V connecter (of either PSU) into the mobo, it powers with 3 beeps(2 long 1 shorter it appears). When the ATX 12V is not connected, the system seems to power without beeping and i can hear the HDD start up when I connect it. Either way, I get no video signal.

I've tried all the steps provided by the pinned post in the troubleshooting threat (so no need to tell me to clear the cmos for instance). I also tested several other GPU's and monitors and also tried all GPU's in my own and my bothers rigg without any problems. I did however not try the PSUs in those other riggs cause I was afraid that would screw up those riggs.

The rigg before:
MSI MS-7646 VER1.0 Mobo (OEM with a Medion PC)

ATI Radeon HD5670 GPU

AMD Athlon 2 x4 620

FSP group 350w PSU
2x2Gig DDR3 memory

The rigg after:

MSI MS-7646 VER1.0 Mobo (OEM with a Medion PC)

Nvidia Gforce GTX 660 GPU

AMD Athlon 2 x4 620

Coolermaser RS-460-PSAP-J3 460w PSU
2x2Gig DDR3 memory

I will visit the local IT store tomorrow, altho they're not known for their awesome service. So i kinda hope I wake up to some solid solutions tomorrow!

For those who take the time to read and/or try to help me out; Big Thanks in advance! I apologise for any knowledge I might be missing to make this a solid report and make you ask me for more information.

- Bogus

*Edit; Misused the word "boot", now replaced with "powers".

**Edit; The system has no onboard GPU, which sucks for testing. Nor does it have additional PCE-I slots.

***Edit; Listed the wrong Mobo model, corrected.

Edited by Bogus Bill

It is not a problem with your PSU but rather motherboard or something connected to it.

No ATX12V (CPU power) is normal to have no beeps because it will never boot without CPU getting power.

When it is connected and it boots with beeps it means there's an issue with something

"Rawr XD"

check his motherboard manual to see what the beeps mean

What do you mean by "boot"? If you're not giving the CPU power, it's not going to boot or even POST.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

What do you mean by "boot"? If you're not giving the CPU power, it's not going to boot or even POST.

Well, it seems to get power and function, yet I cannot tell cuz I get no video signal. Soz if I mis-used the word "boot", English is not my main language and I thought thats what it was called xD. I got no speakers with my test bench, so I can't tell if windows starts

It powers, fans spin (incl that of the GPU), LED's on the mobo light up and I can hear the HDD startup and run when I connect it.

check his motherboard manual to see what the beeps mean

He has no manual with it anymore and I can't find a descent one on the web anywhere.

*Edit; I found a manual that resembles the mobo as close as I could find, yet nothing about post beep codes: 

http://217.110.237.70/Manuals/7646-englv1.0-MedionP6300.pdf

Alright, thats makes sense I guess. I personally thought there was something wrong with this connector's socket. By now i've tried every single memory slot on it's own with my own riggs modules and his modules, one by one and two by two, nothing works.

Thanks for your responses so far!

*Edit OP

Edited by Bogus Bill

As I thought, the local IT store didn't know what the beep is going on.

Anyone know whot to do?
It must be either the mobo or the CPU thats broken, but I cannot test which cuz I got no other compatible mobo/cpu.