Windows 10 - What bugs have you all found so far

Chaddie

The Windows Store app hung at the loading screen but now it works

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Taskbar not working at all, left or right click. I had to do aa lot steps to fix it and it occurred one day after update. There are many bugs and it is not that faster than 8.1 or 7.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 B50 3.2 GHz // GPU: VTX Radeon HD 6670 1GB DDR3 // MB: Asus M4A88T-M // RAM: 2×2GB DDR3 // PSU: MS PRO 550W ATX P4 // Monitor: Samsung 1280×1024 resolution // Windows 10 64 bit // Mobile: LG G3 32 GB

Can you do it off SID with that?

I'm not sure what you're asking. I know what the SID is but I don't know what you want me to do with it.

What is strange is that in the control panel it says I only have 1 account (my hotmail).

In netplwiz it says I only have 1 account (my hotmail).

On the lock screen when I first boot it says I got 2 accounts (Martin as well as my hotmail, both has the same profile picture).

In my user folder I can only find the marti user.

When I run the command to check the SID of all users (wmic useraccount get name,sid) I get:

Administrator

DefaultAccount

marti

My guess is that marti is my hotmail account, but that doesn't explain why I got 2 accounts when I boot. I will try turning on password at boot in netplwiz again and see if the mysterious second account disappears. I tried logging into it with my hotmail password and it didn't work.

I'm not sure what you're asking. I know what the SID is but I don't know what you want me to do with it.

What is strange is that in the control panel it says I only have 1 account (my hotmail).

In netplwiz it says I only have 1 account (my hotmail).

On the lock screen when I first boot it says I got 2 accounts (Martin as well as my hotmail, both has the same profile picture).

In my user folder I can only find the marti user.

When I run the command to check the SID of all users (wmic useraccount get name,sid) I get:

Administrator

DefaultAccount

marti

My guess is that marti is my hotmail account, but that doesn't explain why I got 2 accounts when I boot. I will try turning on password at boot in netplwiz again and see if the mysterious second account disappears. I tried logging into it with my hotmail password and it didn't work.

If you had a local account and then made it a Microsoft account, the password will be your Microsoft account, try that... doing marti and then your Microsoft account?

If you had a local account and then made it a Microsoft account, the password will be your Microsoft account, try that... doing marti and then your Microsoft account?

I never made a local account. That weird second account appeared when I untick "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer".

I've seen other people do this just fine but for some reason it doesn't work for me, even when I follow the exact same steps.

Everything was corrupted while upgrading. Won't let me reinstall windows 8. Please help me. Skype if you can @Nick.aceves1

just download the 8.1 iso

and reinstall with your key

then upgrade to 10 immediatly

then do a clean install after you upgrade

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Check your device manager, I was having that issue but it turned out one of the "keyboard" devices was actually also my mouse, and any slight twitch in the mouse for any reason (vibration from a window or door closing slightly hard, for example) could cause it to wake the system. I'd make it so only your keyboard can wake your computer, for now.

Also notifications and Skype calls can wake the computer unless you change some settings.

Cheers for the tip, I'll give it a shot and see what happens. 

- Update KB3074683 won't install, even after extended bug search. (Does not happen on all pcs)

- Automatic Standby won't work, if you don't set a Display-time-out shorter or equal the Standby-time-out (This one took me a few hours to solve...)

- Keeps asking to enter Password after standby, even if you set "log off after 15min" and "do not require password after standby"

- Surface Pro 3: Pen: Always opens OneNote-App, not Desktop Version, even after changing setting within the surface app

- The full screen start menu has a row of uncovered pixel around it (choose a dark background and open a white browser in full screen and you will see it)

- The full screen start menu background will "move", if you set the startmenu to full-screen an then change the position of the taskbar from top to bottom or the other way around

Some of them are kind of funny, some of them are just stupid and the update thing that keeps popping up, is so annoying, that I might even downgrade....

I would be soooo nice, if they kept the option to ignore updates (... now i can just ignore them, after i installed and removed them, what is bad, if the update won't even install...)

Ryzen 5 5600, 32GB DDR4, GTX 3070Ti, Acer Predator x34

InWin 901

I cant upgrade with my current CPU... :DDDD

CPU: Pentium G3258 OC 4.0GHz MOBO: MSI Z87-G41 PC MATE GPU: ASUS Strix Gtx-750Ti 2Gb RAM: 2x4Gb ADATA XPGv2 @ 1866Mhz PSU: EVGA 500B HDD: 500Gb WD Scorpio Black, 1Tb WD Blue 

I am to lazy to update this, but not to lazy to strike it out and write this.

windows 10 is even buggier than vista was at launch IMO. It was very clearly rushed out the door to be in time for the back to school season

Only issue I have is while installing security updates for Office 2013, it fails and says to try again later...nothing more

Automatic login when using hotmail account doesn't work, at least not for me.

I used netplwiz and unchecked the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" for my Microsoft account, but Windows tries to login to some account called "marti" and fails. It's really annoying because it means I not only have to type in my password every time my computer has restarted, I also have to change user in the bottom left corner before doing so.

If anyone has the same issue and/or have found a fix please let me know.

Have you tried using the RegEdit method? We have to use that at work w/ Domain user accounts (The netplwiz utility only allows you to enable or disable Ctrl+Alt+Del at login w/ domain users, but does not allow you to configure auto login).

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinlogonKeys to change:DefaultUserName (set the value as your user account)DefaultPassword (same - set password - warning, this is stored as plain text)AutoAdminLogon (Change this from 0 to 1)

See if that works?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Edge can't launch (apparently I got a trail version which expired?), search and Cortana doesn't respond, and my Windows Update is missing from Control Panel.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

I upgraded today after I said I was going to wait a month first, however I'm glad I did, so far it has been a good experience. Maybe I'll report if something comes up in the coming days of usage.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

In windows 10 I've only had two bugs that really did something. 1. Start menu has randomly closed once or twice. 2. When putting my tiles the way I wanted them the small tiles only showed half of the icon. Later, they went back to what they were suppose to be. So, two things that were a little weird but nothing bad.