Need a budget case

anthonytran7757

Hey everyone, does anyone know of a budget mid tower case that can hold a hyper 612 inside of it (163mm tall) and also has decent cable management room behind the motherboard tray? I know it's basically asking for the impossible but I hope there may be one out there. Budget $0-$75

Fractal Design Core 3000.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I suggest getting a Corsair Carbide 300R. It has great cable management for a small case. It supports ATX and microATX.

-Terrytek

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I can second the 300R ^. I own it personally and it is very good. Only complaint is that I wish the cable management holes had grommets, but that's not really a big deal. I also hear good things about the Bitfenix Shinobi and I personally like the look of that case.

Intel i5 3570K - ASRock Extreme4 - Corsair Vengeance 8Gb RAM - ASUS GTX 660 Ti - Samsung 840 250Gb SSD (OS-Games) - WD 750Gb HDD (Storage) - Corsair TX650W PSU - Corsair 300R

The NZXT Source is also a great choice. It's under USD$50, features cable management, 8 x 3.5" bays, and tool less design.

-terrytek

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

NZXT Source 210 Windowed. I have one, its great and i have it loaded with 5 fans so cooling is great.

I'm liking the core3000 but I checked in the specs in fractal design's website and they say the case supports heatsinks with a height of 160mm and the hyper 612 is 163mm. Will it be a problem?

Yeah, there would be a little discrepancy installing it. If you get the case, then install the HS, it may flex the side panel and possibly break it in the worst case. I'd better be safe than sorry, so probably avoid it.

Kudos, 

terrytek

Yeah, there would be a little discrepancy installing it. If you get the case, then install the HS, it may flex the side panel and possibly break it in the worst case. I'd better be safe than sorry, so probably avoid it.

Kudos,

terrytek

Will the source be able to hold it? Also I've noticed that the source 210 has it's hard drive bays rotated so the cables come out the back. When you build I'm it are the cables very visible or so they hide away nicely?

Never mind about the Source 210. The clearance is the same as the Core 3000, so just forget it.

CM Storm Scout 2 is good, think about it :D

But it's kinda expensive though

Zalman Z9

I got mine for $35 after MIR, and it is an excellent case, and has fan filters, and a fan control and monitor on the front I/O

Prett nifty for $35

I say go for the Zalman Z11 (helped a buddy build a system in it couple months back) or the Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

'

There's also the BitFenix Shinobi (not XL) and BitFenix Outlaw that are Beautiful cases for the price :p

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Mid or micro atx?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It isn't the most elegant case and can't comment on build quality but I think this might do it.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/silverstone-case-rl04b

i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz (1.240v) || Asrock extreme 4 || CM Hyper 212 evo

Samsung 840 || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb || Powercolor 7870 xt @ (1200 mhz core : 1500 mhz mem)