fx 6300 maximum overclock and griphics card

Which is why people are recommending he pair it with a 960 and 280x where both CPU's can fully utilize the GPU...

Some one actually went onto PC parts picker and pieced together a rig+ monitor for the OP's budget:

Here, for your budget, you can get a pretty good rig

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£141.18 @ More Computers) 
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£67.34 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£48.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£32.40 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  (£242.99 @ Aria PC) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£55.90 @ Amazon UK) 
Monitor: ViewSonic VA2349S 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  (£114.43 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £838.40
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-01 16:03 BST+0100

Honestly, you can't get much better than that for the maximum budget. You could even cut out the 970 and go with a cheaper second hand R9 290X, as well as cut out the SSD if the budget had to be lowered.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Some one actually went onto PC parts picker and pieced together a rig+ monitor for the OP's budget:

Honestly, you can't get much better than that for the maximum budget. You could even cut out the 970 and go with a cheaper second hand R9 290X, as well as cut out the SSD if the budget had to be lowered.

I know it's possible to do a better system within his budget than an FX6300, but that's not really my point.  Could also buy used components and blow away both builds for that budget.

As a side note, this is the first time i've seen one of these builds actually fall within OP's budget and not sit X amount above it.  And it doesn't have any fucking mail in rebates.  10/10 list for once in one of these threads.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

yeah, that's exaly when i realised that this video is pure BS.

i used to play arma 3 with 4.6ghz FX8320 and Gtx780 i was getting nowhere near those framerates he gets with his fx6300 regardless of the settings i was using i was getting anywhere from 15 to 35fps...40 while looking at the freaking sky.  100% cpu bound, pinned on core 1, gpu loads EXTREMELY low... :(

That video is not bullshit.

i played ARMA3 aswell on my FX8350 + 7870GHz, and i get compairable frames.

arround 40 fps max settings 1080p.

My gpu is obviously the limmited factor in this case, same story with that GTX960 in the video.

If you trow a higherend card like a GTX780 in there, then yes the FX will bottleneck the shit out of it.

But you should still get way over 40fps, unless there was something wrong with your system.

But still bringing a GTX780 bottleneck scenario to this thread, is a bit irrelevent.

Like i said a FX6300 + GTX960 will be a totaly fine 1080p budget gaming option.

So will a core i3 + GTX960.

The i3 will give some more upgrade path.

But aside from that, the FX6300 is definitely not a bad choice on a low budget gaming rig.

As shown in the video, it trade blows with the i3, in allot of games with a midrange gpu.

Ofc there will be a few exceptions to the rule.