fx 6300 maximum overclock and griphics card

Unless the 6300 is quite a bit cheaper than an i3, the i3 is always better for gaming.

By games that don't work on the i3 and pentiums, I assume you're talking about FC4. That was just a sofware lock, and could be undone without too much trouble. That also didn't even apply to the i3, as it checks threads, not cores.

I was refering to FC4 indeed, and according to a couple of benchmarks that Luke did.

In which he said FC4 did not run a core i3, which was exaly funny.

But i suppose they allready fixed that then.

Erm at 4.5 its better than i3-4130 in many games... (yet if its a better i3 model sure I guess you are right?)

FX-6300 4.5GHz won in 5 games and lost in 1 rest of the 8 was draw...

Still i3 has much better upgrade path I most say! ;) (I say FX if he wont upgrade for a while)

interessting video exaly,

Funny to see the FX6300 trading blows in ARMA 3, which is realy suprising i have to say.

But this video exaly, tells the same story as i was telling.

The gpu is the limited factor anyways.

;)

interessting video exaly,

Funny to see the FX6300 trading blows in ARMA 3, which is realy suprising i have to say.

But this video exaly, tells the same story as i was telling.

The gpu is the limited factor anyways.

;)

Let me see....you need the FX 6300 at 4.5GHz to apparently match a stock i3 clocked more than 1GHz lower while using far less power, being fine on the stock cooler and running on a cheap motherboard.

Yeah the 4 year old FX 6300 is a really good choice for gaming /s

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Let me see....you need the FX 6300 at 4.5GHz to apparently match a stock i3 clocked more than 1GHz lower while using far less power, being fine on the stock cooler and running on a cheap motherboard.

Yeah the 4 year old FX 6300 is a really good choice for gaming /s

That doesnt realy matter.

Even if the FX is lower clocked it will still make barely a diffrence realy.

THe gpu is simply the limmited factor.

That doesnt realy matter.

Even if the FX is lower clocked it will still make barely a diffrence realy.

THe gpu is simply the limmited factor.

Yes the GPU chosen is limited a lot more by the FX 6300 than a Haswell i3.

PMSL

Yes the GPU chosen is limited a lot more by the FX 6300 than a Haswell i3.

nope thats bullshit.

As you can see in the compairisson video.

Both cpu´s can simply max out the GTX960 without any issues.

nope thats bullshit.

As you can see in the compairisson video.

Both cpu´s can simply max out the GTX960 without any issues.

No its not, unlike the FX 6300 the i3 has far less troubles with GPU past the 960/R9 280X, and the i3 trades blows with the more expensive FX 8350. Straight up stop recommending the FX 6300 for tasks such as gaming-it wasn't that good with games when it was launched 4 years ago and its really not that good with current titles.

PMSL

No its not, unlike the FX 6300 the i3 has far less troubles with GPU past the 960/R9 280X, and the i3 trades blows with the more expensive FX 8350.

That argument doesnt make any sense in this case.

Because you change topics right now.

We talk about a build on a tight budget.

That argument doesnt make any sense in this case.

Because you change topics right now.

We talk about a build on a tight budget.

Exactly-and the i3 is better for a build with a budget of 750-850 pounds. BTW, motherboard capable of 4.5GHz stable+decent cooler=more than an i3+cheap ATX s1150 motherboard. And BTW, I wasn't the one changing topics.

PMSL

Exactly-and the i3 is better for a build with a budget of 750-850 pounds. BTW, motherboard capable of 4.5GHz stable+decent cooler=more than an i3+cheap ATX s1150 motherboard. And BTW, I wasn't the one changing topics.

The i3 is not realy that much better in this case, if you stay on a midrange gpu.

They trade blows obviously.

The 4.5GHz overclock does barely do anything to those benchmarks.

Because the GPU is just the limited factor.

You dont have to tell me that an i3 will do better with a GTX980, then a FX6300.

But thats totaly irrelevent.

The i3 is not realy that much better in this case, if you stay on a midrange gpu.

They trade blows obviously.

The 4.5GHz overclock does barely do anything to those benchmarks.

Because the GPU is just the limited factor.

You dont have to tell me that an i3 will do better with a GTX980, then a FX6300.

But thats totaly irrelevent.

My point still stands, an i3 is a better choice for gaming in all scenarios than the FX 6300.

PMSL

My point still stands, an i3 is a better choice for gaming in all scenarios than the FX 6300.

Sure there is nothing wrong with that standpoint.

i have a slightly diffrent point of view, but thats totaly fine right?

Atleast i respect everyones opinnion. :)

Sure there is nothing wrong with that standpoint.

i have a slightly diffrent point of view, but thats totaly fine right?

Atleast i respect everyones opinnion. :)

There is opinion then there is fact. If everyone went of opinions instead of facts the world would be far worse than it is now.

PMSL

There is opinion then there is fact. If everyone went of opinions instead of facts the world would be far worse than it is now.

Yeah but in this case there is not realy a fact.

The only fact here is that with a midrange gpu like the GTX960, both the FX6300 and Core i3-4130 simply trade blows, with some exceptions on the rule

Because the gpu is simply the limit.

That an i3 is better with a higherend gpu, sure thats also a fact.

But totaly a diffrent story.

So your point is basicly vallid aswell, depending on the scenario ;)

An i3-4150 would be better for gaming (or an i5-4460 optimally) you can get 4.5ghz easily on a 212 EVO. My max temps at 4.4ghz with a 212 EVO is 45dc with a 20dc ambient temp

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

Don't buy an i3... I have n i3 and it isn't that fast and an overclocked fx 6300 beats the shit out of an i3 with only 2 cores.... 2 cores vs 6?

And maybe the fx 6300 is even cheaper. I now that the fx 6300 isn't a true 6 core... Plus you cannot even start some games at some i3s.

If you want to go with intel stretch the budget and go with i5 4460. but at 100 bucks the fx 6300 is the king of the hill imo.

Don't buy an i3... I have n i3 and it isn't that fast and an overclocked fx 6300 beats the shit out of an i3 with only 2 cores.... 2 cores vs 6?

And maybe the fx 6300 is even cheaper. I now that the fx 6300 isn't a true 6 core... Plus you cannot even start some games at some i3s.

If you want to go with intel stretch the budget and go with i5 4460. but at 100 bucks the fx 6300 is the king of the hill imo.

If your going to troll, please try harder. For example, the i3 has 2 cores 4 threads due to hyperthreading-and the benchmarks don't lie. And because of hyperthreading, all games will be playable on the i3. Even Farcry 4.

PMSL

you're trying o compare a i3 at 3 ghz or lower to a 6 core at 4.5 ghz which everyone should be able to achieve or even 5.0 ghz?

you're trying o compare a i3 at 3 ghz or lower to a 6 core at 4.5 ghz which everyone should be able to achieve or even 5.0 ghz?

Lmao, I quite frequently compare an i5 4440 to an FX 8350 or 8320 at 5.3GHz. And guess what? In all tasks that use 4 threads my i5 4440 at 3.1GHz still beats both FX CPU while only consuming 30-33W of power instead of the monstrous 220W you get from the FX line at suicide clocks. And you shouldn't be just going for the highest clock speed anymore. High clockspeeds are no longer as important as they were in the 90's-early 2000's.

PMSL

Lmao, I quite frequently compare an i5 4440 to an FX 8350 or 8320 at 5.3GHz. And guess what? In all tasks that use 4 threads my i5 4440 at 3.1GHz still beats both FX CPU while only consuming 30-33W of power instead of the monstrous 220W you get from the FX line at suicide clocks. And you shouldn't be just going for the highest clock speed anymore. High clockspeeds are no longer as important as they were in the 90's-early 2000's.

The i5 4440 or 4460 beats the fx 6300 or 8350 in almost all games... not in all though. But that is obvious a 200 bucks gaming cpu vs a 100 buck cpu...

I am not a amd fanboy but imo the fx 6300 sits between the i3 and the i5 but more on the i5 level than on the i3 one.

The i5 4440 or 4460 beats the fx 6300 or 8350 in almost all games... not in all though. But that is obvious a 200 bucks gaming cpu vs a 100 buck cpu...

I am not a amd fanboy but imo the fx 6300 sits between the i3 and the i5 but more on the i5 level than on the i3 one.

The i5 beats them in all games, the i3 goes toe to toe while being on a far newer platform and consuming less power and being within the same price range.

PMSL

The i5 beats them in all games, the i3 goes toe to toe while being on a far newer platform and consuming less power and being within the same price range.

that's true if the fx 6300 is not over clocked and btw the i3 is more expensive

that's true if the fx 6300 is not over clocked and btw the i3 is more expensive

The FX 6300 overclocked still has the i3 going toe to toe with it. And you need an expensive motherboard with high quality VRM to get a useful overclock out of the FX 6300 which negates the price difference between the CPU.

PMSL

The FX 6300 overclocked still has the i3 going toe to toe with it. And you need an expensive motherboard with high quality VRM to get a useful overclock out of the FX 6300 which negates the price difference between the CPU.

maybe it's on par or a little bit better than the i3 in gaming but in rendering or multitasking or even streaming?

maybe it's on par or a little bit better than the i3 in gaming but in rendering or multitasking or even streaming?

Those are the only times you'd use an FX 6300 (and the only times I'd even think of recommending them-AM3+ CPU's are all quite old). However the OP actually mentions gaming as the main purpose so the i3 the best choice. (And honestly, I know English might not be your first language, but you really need to brush up on your reading skills as you completely missed what the OP was using the rig for-as a 750/850 pound budget gaming rig).

PMSL