Windows 10 Indexing problems?

Go to solution Solved by Unrealmaster,

1) Search for "Indexing Options" (under "Settings"). Open it.
2) Search "services" (or run "services.msc") and find "Windows Search". Stop the service. 
3) Delete the Windows.edb file
4) Click "Modify" in the already-open "Indexing Options" panel, then click "Delete and Rebuild" for the index. You can also specify a different drive to store the index on.

try this
tho this is for 8.1...

lol, ty so much for the help and the quick replies. I was about to do that, but then I tried to restart and indexing started to work again :blush: ​​ 

Guess I forgot the number 1 rule in trouble shooting "Thought shall turn it off and on again" :P

Hello.

So I upgraded to windows 10 yesterday and everything was going well, I had no issues with drivers or anything else. But today I noticed that apps don't show when I search for them.

If I type in groove or edge I get nothing even though it was working perfectly fine yesterday. I started to notice after I installed Office and VS 2015 and couldn't find them by searching. I think this is an indexing problem, since all my searches also show the "We're getting search ready" banner at the top of the search area.

Is anyone else experiencing this? If so have is there a fix?

Thank you so much in advance :)

Hello.

So I upgraded to windows 10 yesterday and everything was going well, I had no issues with drivers or anything else. But today I noticed that apps don't show when I search for them.

If I type in groove or edge I get nothing even though it was working perfectly fine yesterday. I started to notice after I installed Office and VS 2015 and couldn't find them by searching. I think this is an indexing problem, since all my searches also show the "We're getting search ready" banner at the top of the search area.

Is anyone else experiencing this? If so have is there a fix?

Thank you so much in advance :)

clean install after upgrade or just upgrade?

did you keep your files and settings for doing the upgrade?

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

clean install after upgrade or just upgrade?

did you keep your files and settings for doing the upgrade?

Yup clean install, I upgraded and selected wipe just to activate windows 10. Then I downloaded the iso and formatted both my drives. So as clean as it gets :P

I noticed similar threads on the windows 10 subedit  but  no solution was posted as of yet :(

Yup clean install, I upgraded and selected wipe just to activate windows 10. Then I downloaded the iso and formatted both my drives. So as clean as it gets :P

I noticed similar threads on the windows 10 subedit  but  no solution was posted as of yet :(

2) Search "services" (or run "services.msc") and find "Windows Search". Stop the service. 
4) Click "Modify" in the already-open "Indexing Options" panel, then click "Delete and Rebuild" for the index. You can also specify a different drive to store the index on.

try this
tho this is for 8.1...

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

try this
tho this is for 8.1...

lol, ty so much for the help and the quick replies. I was about to do that, but then I tried to restart and indexing started to work again :blush: ​​ 

Guess I forgot the number 1 rule in trouble shooting "Thought shall turn it off and on again" :P