University PC

I am taking my first year in uni starting in September. I will be taking ITAS (info tech) and i need a computer to run VMs and other work. as you can see i dont need a good gpu so i went with a GT 630 to run both of my monitors. I need the 12gbs of ram and i need a 6 core for the VMs. As you can see im trying to make it as cheap as possible. The University gives me windows for free too.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/aidenrelkoff/saved/#view=dHLLrH

all look good?

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

I wouldnt go with "random 400W PSU"

Youll wake your roomies in the middle of the night by the sound of it exploding

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I am taking my first year in uni starting in September. I will be taking ITAS (info tech) and i need a computer to run VMs and other work. as you can see i dont need a good gpu so i went with a GT 630 to run both of my monitors. I need the 12gbs of ram and i need a 6 core for the VMs. As you can see im trying to make it as cheap as possible. The University gives me windows for free too.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/aidenrelkoff/saved/#view=dHLLrH

all look good?

If I were you I would go with an i5-4460, it's a 4-core cpu, but will definitely outperform an AMD 6300.

As for the ram for roughly the same amount you could get 16gb. I'm assuming you own the hdd already since it's price is marked off.

Don't get "random 400w psu" Good way to fry your pc.

I recommend a better gpu than a $40 one.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

lol, but it wont be in my room. I live 10 mins away so im staying at home and the pc will be in the computer lab.

Those 6 cores are weak. Expect to run like 3 at max decent VMs. 

i had a FX 4130, ran great never let me down on any programs.

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

lol, but it wont be in my room. I live 10 mins away so im staying at home and the pc will be in the computer lab.

i had a FX 4130, ran great never let me down on any programs.

Oh what are you running?

In my case, that setup would be pretty low end. 

lol. Sorry, no real input for this thread. Good luck with your endeavor though.

CPU i7-4770k @ 4.5GHz Motherboard MSI Z97M Gaming RAM 2x4Gb Patriot Viper @ 1866Mhz GPU EVGA 1080 FTW Case Corsair 750D Storage Intel 730 series 240GB + Segate Baracuda 3TB PSU Corsair HX850 Displays Philips 242G5 (Main) + Asus MX239 Cooling Noctua NH-D14 Keyboard Steel Series Apex Gaming Keyboard Mouse Razor DeathAdder 2013 Sound CA DacMagic Plus + Schitt Valhalla 2 + KRK Rokit Powered 6 + HD650 

Operating System Windows 10

as of right now, your build sucks. what is your total budget?

BigDay

lol. Sorry, no real input for this thread. Good luck with your endeavor though.

u wot

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Get the cheapest I5 mate. or go with a 8320E since VM's use lots of cores its better to have more cores

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

How many VMs are you going to run

Also it is better to use a linux distro if u plan to use the pc only for VM

The site has changed....