Streaming

For example: Ok so lets say i play GTA V and have 100fps, then i start streaming. 

Will my FPS get down or streaming is fully CPU/RAM job. This is really important for me to decide something. 

And if it impacts the GPU too how much it does ? ( for example: from 100fps 50fps ? ) 

Thanks in advance ! Hope i explained myself correct !! 

( BTW ITS MY BIRTHDAY !!! ) :D 

Project Redline: 

♦CPU: i7-5820k  ♦CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 ♦Mobo: MSI X99A SLI ♦RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 3200mhz ♦GPU: Evga 980Ti Hybrid ♦Case: NZXT H440 ♦SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500GB ♦HDD: WD BLUE 1TB 7200rpm ♦Display: 1280 x 1024

CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND

streaming is CPU intensive, and so is GTA 5. Expect your fps to drop to 70-ish

For example: Ok so lets say i play GTA V and have 100fps, then i start streaming. 

Will my FPS get down or streaming is fully CPU/RAM job. This is really important for me to decide something. 

And if it impacts the GPU too how much it does ? ( for example: from 100fps 50fps ? ) 

Happy birthday, I believe that your GPU has a part in the processing of the video, also the cpu will impact the fps a bit.

If you want no compromises use a (PCIe) capture card.

CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND

streaming is CPU intensive, and so is GTA 5. Expect your fps to drop to 70-ish

What you can do by the way is installing fraps (that sucks for recording, i know) and see your fps with fraps running. That program also really impacts performance, maybe even more than streaming.

use an nvidia graphics card ( high end one such as a 960gtx or above )

Use openbroadcaster and use nvidia cuda cores to livestream,  fps loss will be 0 due to it beeing cuda cores beeing used

cpu usage will not increase as its nvidia cuda cores rendering it

cpu livestreaming will always cause ur fps to drop

(◑‿◐)

Happy Birthday to you sir.

Things that affect screen capture on my system is really the software and how it encodes the capture, as well as the screen resolution.

I haven't streamed but I guess it shouldn't have too much of an impact on your in-game performance, but it will tax on your network's throughput.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

What you can do by the way is installing fraps (that sucks for recording, i know) and see your fps with fraps running. That program also really impacts performance, maybe even more than streaming.

Steam overlay has a fps counter too

Gaming PC: CPU: i7 4770k@4.2GHz w/ CM Nepton 140xl, GPU: Gigabyte 1070 @2050, RAM: ADATA XPG V1 16GB@2133MHz, Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 7, Case: Corsair NZXT S340.

Soz cant talk to old people

JK

He has an FX-6200. Streaming and GTA V is going to be near-impossible. I would wholeheartedly suggest using a hardware-based encoder.

Streaming software (OBS) requires a little bit from your GPU, but not much. The main problem is the capture type, and each game responds to being captured differently. GTA V however is so CPU and GPU heavy that it leaves little room for x264 encoders to breathe, especially with your woefully underpowered CPU

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

The performance impact depends on if you are gonna use x264 encoding off your cpu (best quality for livestreaming) or your GPU's encoder. Both Radeon's & Nvidia GPUs have built in encoders, which have inferior quality at low bitrates that livestreaming requires.

If you use the GPU encoder you will have next to no impact. Whilst x264 will hit you quite hard. You'll have to lower some settings, and downscale the output to 720p to be able to get a smooth experience.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...