I have a Dell Latitude E6420 issued to me for the place I work at that I've been using for the past 4 years (it wouldn't be my choice of a computer but I have to use it since the HDD is imaged to use my work's network and its one of a handful of authorized machines to run on it).  Long story short it crapped out on me a couple of weeks ago by giving me the M1004 error of overheating constantly.  After many trips to my IT department they replaced the motherboard, fan, CPU (multiple times) and reimaged the HDD and it finally seems to work fine and all with no issues.  However, the BIOS screen sometimes says there is a fan malfunction upon startup.  What is weird about this is that I bring up HWinfo64 and the fan is working just fine with an RPM anywhere between 2000-3200 and accelerates as needed I can even hear it running and everything so I'm thinking its just a false positive especially given that the temperature readings of the CPU, GPU, and HDD all seem "normal" to my knowledge (about 50C-70C for the CPU and GPU respectively).  Even when I run a BIOS diagnostic it lists the processor fan as functioning so I have no idea why it would come up and if its something to get worried about.

What I'm wondering is what are the maximum safe temperatures for:

i5-2520M Dual Core CPU

Nvidia NVS 4200M

I just want to know so I can preemptively take it in (they are rather busy folks) if it begins overheating again since my IT department has had so many issues with trying to repair this thing that they said they will either loan me a new machine or replace it with no cost to me if it overheats again.  Thanks.

Other info.

OS Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Bit

8GB 1600mhz RAM

Dell BIOS version A14

232 GB Hitachi HDD