The best time to buy parts?

Nohemi

When is the best time to buy parts. What I mean by that is at what time of the year are the computer parts the cheapest?

Holidays and Black Friday

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Holidays and Black Friday

so how good are the deals on black friday?

when they are about 6 months old. They are old so they are discounted but the new stuff isnt exactly coming out in a week either

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I disagree on the black friday thing. I mean I haven't tried it, but my experience with other stuff similar to black friday was awful. I was recently ripped off several times by amazon during amazon prime day and by some other stores...I had a wishlist of all my parts and I was all ready with my money to buy them but literally all the deals were the week before the actual sale days and probably two weeks after the sale day. So just look around and if you see something good, get it because when the sale days actually came for me on amazon prime, the prices actually skyrocketed and it would have been a mistake If i had bought that crap. 

Also, I HIGHLY recommend websites like newegg that don't charge for taxes because amazon usually does for things like pc parts. It's also where I ended up buying all my parts for my build that I constructed about 5 days ago :D

When is the best time to buy parts. 

When i have money for it. 

The best time to buy parts is when they're on sale...I kid, I kid.  I have found it really is just the luck of the draw on what they have in stock and when.

I disagree on the black friday thing. I mean I haven't tried it, but my experience with other stuff similar to black friday was awful. I was recently ripped off several times by amazon during amazon prime day and by some other stores...I had a wishlist of all my parts and I was all ready with my money to buy them but literally all the deals were the week before the actual sale days and probably two weeks after the sale day. So just look around and if you see something good, get it because when the sale days actually came for me on amazon prime, the prices actually skyrocketed and it would have been a mistake If i had bought that crap. 

Also, I HIGHLY recommend websites like newegg that don't charge for taxes because amazon usually does for things like pc parts. It's also where I ended up buying all my parts for my build that I constructed about 5 days ago :D

If you didn't buy anything you weren't ripped off, no?

The best time to buy parts is when they're on sale...I kid, I kid.  I have found it really is just the luck of the draw on what they have in stock and when.

If you didn't buy anything you weren't ripped off, no?

Yeah I was because if i didn't write down the specific prices on my wishlist I would have went ahead and bought the stuff without knowing about the prices beforehand. They tried to rip me off and I would've been ripped off. Only reason i wasnt is because I prepared ahead of time.

Yeah I was because if i didn't write down the specific prices on my wishlist I would have went ahead and bought the stuff without knowing about the prices beforehand. They tried to rip me off and I would've been ripped off. Only reason i wasnt is because I prepared ahead of time.

They didn't "try to rip you off."  They tried to sell a product at an advertised price. Just because it wasn't as low as you would have liked, or as it was in a previous sale doesn't mean they ripped you off, even if you had bought anything.  You did exactly like a smart consumer should do, and compared prices, but it's laughable to suggest that because the prices weren't what you wanted them to be that they would have ripped you off.

If they sent you doa openbox merchandise that you couldn't return, or sent you a v300 when you ordered and 850 evo you could claim being ripped off. But because the sale wasn't big enough?  Not at all. 

Usually during holiday season and back to school months. But if you meant product release cycle, I wouldn't hold my breathe for those especially highend flagships so just buy when we you see a steep discount.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero