What I think of windows 10

Hello everyone,

So today I have updated my old crappy laptop which was windows 7 home premium to now windows 10 home. So far the installation was fast and nothing much happened until after the installation it logged into my account and showed me a black screen with a cursor. So this entire morning from 7am I was looking how to fix this problem and finally I fixed it. This process was really annoying and stressing to me as I thought that  this would not happen but it did. However so far I like windows 10, the task bar is nice same with everything else really. There are  still some flaws like unresponsive task bar whenever I click it does not open which is really frustrating. 

So far its good, nothing much has been destroyed or deleted and I like it.

You asked a question the can't be answered with Yes or No...

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Just installed it now and absolutely loving it.

I answered 'No' to the second which means "No, I'm not staying with Windows 7" but you may want to rephrase it...

i think he means should he stay at windows 7? well thats how i took it anyway

Same - I assumed the "yes or no" was referring to the first option (stay with Windows 7). Still a very bad question and needs fixing ASAP before the numbers get too screwed

Love it.  The only odd thing is that my G1 Surface Pro get XBOX One streaming smoothly while my laptop which i about 3 times more powerful than my G1 Surface has hickups.

Love it.  The only odd thing is that my G1 Surface Pro get XBOX One streaming smoothly while my laptop which i about 3 times more powerful than my G1 Surface has hickups.

windows device conspiracy :)

Getting a new mic just so I can abuse Cortana on my PC aswell.

IT'S GOING TO BE AMAZEBALLS

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Yes: DX12, and new female android!

No: Majority of applications does not fully support Windows 10 and games still have a little bit journey to show true potential of DX12, and Microsoft needs to fix bugs, and optimizations. 

Yes: DX12, and new female android!

No: Majority of applications does not fully support Windows 10 and games still have a little bit journey to show true potential of DX12, and Microsoft needs to fix bugs, and optimizations.

I had only 2 programs not work with Windows 10 being Norton and corsair link.. Which were both fixed even before rtm

I had only 2 programs not work with Windows 10 being Norton and corsair link.. Which were both fixed even before rtm

This is why Microsoft need to publish official Windows 10 to software developers and motherboard manufacturers first, so when you upgrade to Windows 10 you will have compatible applications and drviers ready to update. Unlike now, developers have to rush their butt to make it compatible.

This is why Microsoft need to publish official Windows 10 to software developers and motherboard manufacturers first, so when you upgrade to Windows 10 you will have compatible applications and drviers ready to update. Unlike now, developers have to rush their butt to make it compatible.

Lol. Is that not exactly what they have done? Developers have had access to W10 for ages now.

I downloaded the update yesterday but as soon as i finished it my GFX and bluetooth drivers were missing It took me all night to install them then. After that the CPU and Disk Usage went to 100% and didn't drop making my PC nearly unusable. after finding a solution to that damn problem now i am facing a problem in which all the apps I had installed are missing icons and This PC (Windows Explorer) wont open so that is pain in the ASS. FINDING THE FRIGGIN CONTROL PANEL TOOK ME AN HOUR. and now MY PC IS SLOW  THIS WINDOWS IS BUGGY IT STILL NEEDS DEVELOPMENT AND DAY 1 UPDATES that will remove these things If any one knows a solution kindly help me out.

Windows 8.1 was a lot better then Windows 10 

post-140510-0-58253000-1438342678_thumb.

i have it on 3 pcs now with 1 being previous inside build, one by installation of update from 8.1 and the other an update then a clean install with each of them running with no issue and exactly my experience with 8.1 which went great as I upgraded back then day 1

I downloaded the update yesterday but as soon as i finished it my GFX and bluetooth drivers were missing It took me all night to install them then. After that the CPU and Disk Usage went to 100% and didn't drop making my PC nearly unusable. after finding a solution to that damn problem now i am facing a problem in which all the apps I had installed are missing icons and This PC (Windows Explorer) wont open so that is pain in the ASS. FINDING THE FRIGGIN CONTROL PANEL TOOK ME AN HOUR. and now MY PC IS SLOW  THIS WINDOWS IS BUGGY IT STILL NEEDS DEVELOPMENT AND DAY 1 UPDATES that will remove these things If any one knows a solution kindly help me out.

It is because you probably forced the update process, instead of waiting. Your system is not Windows 10 ready as of yet.

It is because you probably forced the update process, instead of waiting. Your system is not Windows 10 ready as of yet.

I forced my PC to upgrade yesterday. It went flawlessly and my PC works just as fast as it did with 8.1. Only took me a few minutes to uninstall the old graphics drivers and install the new ones. However, this is not the first person who's run into similar problems. 

It sounds like this person might be a little inexperienced with windows as well which probably doesn't help (an hour to find the control panel?).

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS