upgrading from an Audio Technica ATH-A700

qwertywarrior

hi guys

i bought the A700 in 2010 and it was the first time ive ever bought a quality headphone and it was amazing, very comfortable . Everything about it for me was perfect but its starting to show its age (wear and tear)

ive never tried anything else and i dont know what to expect . When i googled what do get most people suggested the AKG K702  and im still not set on if i should buy an open or closed headphone, even though my A700 was closed i could still hear people clearly, isolation isnt really necessary

my budget is 300$ and only use it on my PC for music

what i enjoyed most about the A700 is that the base was tight and not exaggerated and that the sound was crystal clear with no other instruments over lapping them.

i listen to house, pop, disco, dance

i dont listen to classical music

thanks

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Bright: AKG K702 (huge soundstage, lean / dry sounding)

Warm / Balanced: Sennheiser HD 600 (intimate sounding, amazing vocal)

Dark / Bassy: HifiMan HE-400S / HD 650 (slightly boombastic bass, recessed treble)

Note: None of them are extremes of each category. All headphones listed can be categorized as warm / balanced

I'd say go for the HE-400S. 

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.