Windows 10 Disappointments...

LittleCarrot

My disappointment is the edge browser which closes when I'm navigating in a page then in 30 seconds it Open back again.

Don't force it, wait. 

you need to wait till ms has confirmed drivers are ok.

most people bitching did force update.

i forced mine, so far i havent had any major issues. I do think it has a small memory leak, but thats manageable for the most part.

I actually hate the forced updates, i should be able to tell windows ill check for updates eventually when i get around to it, or at the very least download or install them later.  I also hate how you cant disable UAC

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

i forced mine, so far i havent had any major issues. I do think it has a small memory leak, but thats manageable for the most part.

I actually hate the forced updates, i should be able to tell windows ill check for updates eventually when i get around to it, or at the very least download or install them later.  I also hate how you cant disable UAC

ik i forced to but, people bitch after they force and it fails.

I have not tried disabling UAC

but i love forced updates.... xD

makes my job as my friends/family. tech guy easier

I have not tried disabling UAC

but i love forced updates.... xD

makes my job as my friends/family. tech guy easier

you can lower it to the lowest setting, which in Win7 would stop all the popups, but you still get them in Win10.   "you dont have permission to do that" bitch im on the admin account, dont tell me what i can and cannot do!

forced updates do have its perks.  but sometimes updates break things. and i like to be able to undo an update if i have to, and not have it reinstall itself next time i shut down.

the other problem with it, is data caps.  i dont personally have datacaps, but i have family that does.  being forced to update windows when you arent expecting it, can be an issue.  my aunt would wait until the end of the month, and if she still had data left she'd run updates. now she doesnt get that choice. and may end up going over and getting charged for it.   its shitty

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

you can lower it to the lowest setting, which in Win7 would stop all the popups, but you still get them in Win10.   "you dont have permission to do that" bitch im on the admin account, dont tell me what i can and cannot do!

forced updates do have its perks.  but sometimes updates break things. and i like to be able to undo an update if i have to, and not have it reinstall itself next time i shut down.

the other problem with it, is data caps.  i dont personally have datacaps, but i have family that does.  being forced to update windows when you arent expecting it, can be an issue.  my aunt would wait until the end of the month, and if she still had data left she'd run updates. now she doesnt get that choice. and may end up going over and getting charged for it.   its shitty

Whats the data cap?

<100GB?

updates don't use that much

i have not had a windows update brick my pc ever.

i once had a boot loop. plugged in installation and hit repair

10 minutes later all running agian.

Whats the data cap?

<100GB?

updates don't use that much

i have not had a windows update brick my pc ever.

i once had a boot loop. plugged in installation and hit repair

10 minutes later all running agian.

its really low like 50GB, and no windows doesnt use it all, but she does a bunch of other shit that uses most of it.

nothing has ever bricked my computer, but i know quite a few win7 updates completely messed things up. i know KB3004394 would prevent you from installing graphics drivers, and also messed up usb3 and uac prompts.   there were a handful of others, that i dont remember off the top of my head. but ive had boot loops, blue screens, even drivers getting removed.

|Specs in profile|

its really low like 50GB, and no windows doesnt use it all, but she does a bunch of other shit that uses most of it.

nothing has ever bricked my computer, but i know quite a few win7 updates completely messed things up. i know KB3004394 would prevent you from installing graphics drivers, and also messed up usb3 and uac prompts.   there were a handful of others, that i dont remember off the top of my head. but ive had boot loops, blue screens, even drivers getting removed.

Custom Built rig?

Custom Built rig?

custom or prebuilt, doesnt matter when the issue is the update.  ive had issues with my old prebuilt acer predator and my current custom rig.   Win7 had plenty of broken updates.

|Specs in profile|

custom or prebuilt, doesnt matter when the issue is the update.  ive had issues with my old prebuilt acer predator and my current custom rig.   Win7 had plenty of broken updates.

nothings perfect...hopefully windows 10 will have less or none. BUT window's now recovery system is tons better.

plug in usb installation hit repiar. fixs almost everything.