What is the best video game streaming console?

Okay, so, I go to a boarding school and when we have free time we have a area where we can go to play games on a community TV with other students, and before this was not much of a problem as I had my PS4 or my (luckily) soon to be upgraded alienware, But that is where the problem comes. Before the end of the summer I am going to build a desktop PC, so that alone would be difficult to move, but, it will also be built in a ultra case (Phantom 820) making it even harder to move, so that option is out of the way. SO! now to the actual question.

What game streaming console is the best? I would like to use the Nvida shield portable, but one of my main questions about this one is, can it stream in 4K like the Nvidia shield console. If it can not stream in 4K, then it goes back to the original question, which out of the large selection of streaming console options is the best, from what ive seen there is the obvious Nvidia shield, the NZXT doku, the Steam link, Kino console, and Razor's cortex: stream. Out of these, what would you recommend taking both price, and other features like netflix? What ones are there that I haven't seen? 

TL;DR - Can the Nvidia shield portable stream in 4K, if not, what streaming console is the best taking price and extra features into account? (Nvidia shield, NZXT doku, steam link, ect...)

as far as i know, the shield portable has a 720p screen, so streaming in 4k would be kinda useless.

I will fight you. The moon is MINE!

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

Would go for a shield portable. It's only a 720p screen so less power is required to play. Meaning you can max every game out with like a 970. 4k at that screen size would be silly anyway.

Would go for a shield portable. It's only a 720p screen so less power is required to play. Meaning you can max every game out with like a 970. 4k at that screen size would be silly anyway.

What I meant is if i were to plug it into a TV, if it would stream in 4K

as far as i know, the shield portable has a 720p screen, so streaming in 4k would be kinda useless.

As I said with beach boy, What I meant is if i were to plug it into a TV, if it would stream in 4K

I will fight you. The moon is MINE!

But did you actually take the picture?

As I said with beach boy, What I meant is if i were to plug it into a TV, if it would stream in 4K

It's a HDMI connection to use the Shield Portable in console mode, so it'd be 30Hz max. Yuck.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Can't just get a shield TV? Do you really need to move it? I'm trying to check in google if the K1 can handle 4k streaming.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

It's a HDMI connection to use the Shield Portable in console mode, so it'd be 30Hz max. Yuck.

Yes, but at the same time you get to use it portable where ever you go. there are a bunch of thing that counteract others

Seems like it can, as Nvidia says.

9CL5sjn.png

Pascal laptops guide

Most movies and shows are in 30 if not 24 so it doesn't matter.

Pascal laptops guide

Can't just get a shield TV? Do you really need to move it? I'm trying to check in google if the K1 can handle 4k streaming.

Well its always a good thing to be able to play games anywhere you go.

Seems like it can, as Nvidia says.

9CL5sjn.png

Thanks, if its telling the truth then i will probably swing towards the shield portable

Yes, but at the same time you get to use it portable where ever you go. there are a bunch of thing that counteract others

Well, I was just talking from the standpoint of 4K streaming to the Shield Portable.

The Shield is an awesome device, but 4K gaming over HDMI wouldn't be ideal is what I'm saying.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Well, I was just talking from the standpoint of 4K streaming to the Shield Portable.

The Shield is an awesome device, but 4K gaming over HDMI wouldn't be ideal is what I'm saying.

I know, but I just want to know if it can, I'm not even entirely sure how often I will be using it withing the near future, I mean no school is going to have a 4k tv (Mine doesn't even have flats) but its more for when they become more and more common.

But did you actually take the picture?

Haha, alright I concede then.

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804