Need help for a good gaming yet light weight laptop

frecza1999

Hi this is my first post and I have been searching all week for a light weight gaming laptop for school. My budget is about 1500$ CAD. And please give me canadian links because i have been screwd multiple times by customs with my packages and i dont want it to happen again.

Ty for the help, Zac ;)

fairly impossible, it is light weight or performance, otherwise you end up with a bloody hot mess that melts away your hands when typing most likely.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

TBH for that price i may go for the Lenovo Yoga Pro 3. It may not be a gaming laptop but should be able to do LIGHT gaming.

Consume The Darkness

Save up and get Razer Blade. Its epic for gaming, Super thin and Destroys most Alienwares. If to expensive just get a decent Dell. They all solid and cross fingers game is supported on Intel HD 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Save up and get Razer Blade. Its epic for gaming, Super thin and Destroys most Alienwares. If to expensive just get a decent Dell. They all solid and cross fingers game is supported on Intel HD 

^This

I've got a 2014 Blade and it is seriously the best laptop I've used. Built like a mac, runs Windows, and performs better than most everything else.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

MSI GS60 or MSI GS70

CPU: Ryzen 2700x Cooler: NZXT x52 Kraken Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair Vii RAM: Team Darkgroup 3600 16GB DDR4 GPU: Palit GTX 1080 Gamerock SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256 GB, 500gb 870 Evo, 250gb 970 Evo m.2 HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracude Case: Meshify C PSU: Corsair AX860i OS: Windows 10 Pro

Laptop: MSI GS70 2QE

Hi this is my first post and I have been searching all week for a light weight gaming laptop for school. My budget is about 1500$ CAD. And please give me canadian links because i have been screwd multiple times by customs with my packages and i dont want it to happen again.

Ty for the help, Zac ;)

http://www.eurocom.com/ec/configure(1,275,0)ec

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

So a Clevo P750ZM? xD

Save up and get Razer Blade. Its epic for gaming, Super thin and Destroys most Alienwares.

Please don't even joke about this. Don't make this man waste his money on a piece of shit Razer.

I've got a 2014 Blade and it is seriously the best laptop I've used. Built like a mac, runs Windows, and performs better than most everything else.

You haven't used many performance laptops if a Razer Blade is the best you've used.

Good choice for his price range, but if you want more GPU power OP you can consider this http://www.eurocom.com/ec/configure(1,257,0)ec

Just pick the 965M and add better storage options (and take the intel 7265ac card). Remember to see if you can get a 10% student discount if you're a student!

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

How about  Schenker XMG P505 PRO (Clevo P651SG)  ??

That's over his budget and not from Canada. @exercutor5 linked the N155SD and I linked the P650SA though, which are both good deals for the price, from a canadian seller.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

You haven't used many performance laptops if a Razer Blade is the best you've used.

I never said it was the highest performing laptop. I said it was the best overall laptop I've used, and I will stand by that. It is the FULL package. It's built extremely well, performs well, looks good, is compact and portable, and has good battery life. And I'm going to assume that if someone is looking for a laptop they are going to want the battery to last longer than a couple hours. The Blade lasts for 5-6. How many other laptops can lay claim to all of the things the Blade can? I'm going to go with none, that's why I put my hard earned money towards the Blade.

Also, don't bother calling me a fanboy; the Blade is the only Razer product I've ever owned. I just know what I want.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

I never said it was the highest performing laptop. I said it was the best overall laptop I've used, and I will stand by that. It is the FULL package. It's built extremely well, performs well, looks good, is compact and portable, and has good battery life. And I'm going to assume that if someone is looking for a laptop they are going to want the battery to last longer than a couple hours. The Blade lasts for 5-6. How many other laptops can lay claim to all of the things the Blade can? I'm going to go with none, that's why I put my hard earned money towards the Blade.

Also, don't bother calling me a fanboy; the Blade is the only Razer product I've ever owned. I just know what I want.

You forgot:

Max storage 512GB

Lack of much "normal" internal IO

Fans are pretty loud

Cooling system isn't amazing

So much as repasting breaks warranty

Costs $1000 more than any other comparable notebook on the market

If it's the best you've used, then fine. But again, if you don't have much to compare it to... There's other notebooks that get 5+ hours of battery life out there, and are as thin, and have better IO/storage options too.

The Blade is definitely unique, but please, PLEASE, don't try to tell people it's the best thing ever. Your statement was right: you know what YOU want. It's best for YOU. (and even then I'm sure I could find another machine that's at least as good for less $$)

You forgot:

Max storage 512GB

Lack of much "normal" internal IO

Fans are pretty loud

Cooling system isn't amazing

So much as repasting breaks warranty

Costs $1000 more than any other comparable notebook on the market

If it's the best you've used, then fine. But again, if you don't have much to compare it to... There's other notebooks that get 5+ hours of battery life out there, and are as thin, and have better IO/storage options too.

The Blade is definitely unique, but please, PLEASE, don't try to tell people it's the best thing ever. Your statement was right: you know what YOU want. It's best for YOU. (and even then I'm sure I could find another machine that's at least as good for less $$)

My problem is that I crave that Mac build quality. If a laptop's screen so much as flexes I don't want it, and if there are any plastics or flimsy panels I don't want it. I will admit, the weakest link in the Blade is the SSD capacity. But you can't even buy an M.2 that's higher than 512GB right now so it isn't exactly their fault. As soon as a 1TB M.2 comes out I'll be putting it in the Blade.

I looked around a lot when I was making my purchase and I went through a lot of options, but in the end I sacrificed raw performance for portability and build quality. And since I travel a lot, I couldn't give those two features up. I guess it didn't hurt that I got my 256GB Blade for $2k brand new.