I've got a doozy... black screen/can't get to bios after trying to boot Windows 10 in safemode [RESOLVED]

Nehkara

Hey guys,

Long story here...

I upgraded to Windows 10.  It wasn't working very well so I did the "Reset" in Windows 10.

After returning from the Reset, I started getting regular BSODs involving dxgkrnl.sys.  I thought this might be graphics driver issue.  I tried to install the new 15.7 catalyst drivers but it was just giving me the BSOD when I tried.  So, I attempted to start Windows 10 in safe mode by going into msconfig and changing the boot to "safe boot" with minimal checked.

Now my PC screen is just black... it seems to be running but I don't get anything on screen... I can't into bios, but that could be that the display isn't working for some reason?

Anyone have any ideas?  I'm pretty stumped and in need of some thoughts. :)

If you need any info I'll be happy to provide.

Thanks!

Somehow we all knew a thread with this Title was going to pop up sooner or later..

Brace Yourselves, More incoming!!!

Details separate people.

Alright... I have no idea what I did but on my ~20th try I got it to boot into safe mode... uninstalled the catalyst drivers, then booted into normal mode and installed the 15.7 drivers and everything is working again.  

Amazing how fast things can go from very bad to more or less fine.