Anyone in the UK have a NUS Extra card?

c_marriott
Go to solution Solved by Samdb,

Not a big user of Spotify but maybe the Amazon discount will be worthwhile, not a huge amount off but better than paying full

Think of how much you spend on Amazon every month, if you can save more than £1 per month you're more than paying for the NUS card, while you're a student you've really got to learn to manage your money, especially if you're living in accommodation and not at home since you have to buy food and such. I got one and at the end of the year totalled everything up and saved over like £250 from the card, so for me it was more than worth it.

For those who don't know its basically student discounts for £12 a year and I was wondering if anyone has had it before and could let me know whether it is worth it or not?

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

17 years old, PC Enthusiast for 3. Be gentle with me, I'm only young.

If you pop on the site i believe it tells you the places you can use it. Its worth it if you use them stores and i also believe spotify is 50% so for me it would be worth for spotify =p 

If you pop on the site i believe it tells you the places you can use it. Its worth it if you use them stores and i also believe spotify is 50% so for me it would be worth for spotify =p 

Not a student any more and my Spotify has gone up to like £13, I feel like crying every month :(

I've had one before, Spotify half price pays for the card 6x a year.

Not a big user of Spotify but maybe the Amazon discount will be worthwhile, not a huge amount off but better than paying full

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

For those who don't know its basically student discounts for £12 a year and I was wondering if anyone has had it before and could let me know whether it is worth it or not?

I've had it since I was 16 (20 now in Uni) and without fail every year I saved AT LEAST £100 on it with ease. Spotify half price, you get discounts/free things in a lot of food places, and cloths shopping too, it really is a must have seeing as you can easily save the £12 back again within a month max. 

If you're a uni student it is less useful though, because I can just use my uni card to get most of the same deals (Not spotify though)

VoucherCloud is an app a lot of people at Uni use instead now

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Think of how much you spend on Amazon every month, if you can save more than £1 per month you're more than paying for the NUS card, while you're a student you've really got to learn to manage your money, especially if you're living in accommodation and not at home since you have to buy food and such. I got one and at the end of the year totalled everything up and saved over like £250 from the card, so for me it was more than worth it.

I had it before, I only ever used it once and that was when I was buying coco butter lotion, got £2 off the original price. In my opinion it wasnt worth it for me because I actually forgot I had one on me. 

Not a student any more and my Spotify has gone up to like £13, I feel like crying every month :(

Spotify is now £13? I thought it was £10... i wanted to upgrade soon =/ (£3 isnt much but you know =p)

Spotify is now £13? I thought it was £10... i wanted to upgrade soon =/ (£3 isnt much but you know =p)

If it's not £13 I'm getting robbed, to be fair I'm constantly listening to music literally 2.5hrs in the gym, 30 min drive, and when I'm just chilling at home for about 4 hours.

If it's not £13 I'm getting robbed, to be fair I'm constantly listening to music literally 2.5hrs in the gym, 30 min drive, and when I'm just chilling at home for about 4 hours.

I could be wrong =p but yh i listen to music a lot also, i had premium when i use to commute to uni. At the moment not doing a lot of driving so not using it haha.

Will re-sub when i get a job though totally worth for me especially on the phone!

Thanks for all of the replies, I probably will get one just because its not that expensive and may come in handy every now and then