Anyone had a Windows 10 Download Yet?

iDeJayDzn

Basically what the topic title is.

I'm just curious as to if anyone is aware that they've downloaded Windows 10 yet. I have a background download today in Windows Update that happened about an hour ago but WU wouldn't show me what it was. It took about 10 minutes to download so i doubt it was W10 but i don't know what else it could have been.

Anybody else that actually has it downloaded or knows about it. Could you let me/us know how/when it happened?

Not preview updates. Official W10 OEM.

The only current thing i know about it is that it's rolling out tomorrow in small numbers through Windows Update? Although i'm not 100% sure.

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

CPU: Intel i7 5820K | Graphics Card: Zotac nVidia 1080 AMP!

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

Something my pc has downloaded: f5453487f265d7379e6bdb79108c3c57.png

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

Something my pc has downloaded: f5453487f265d7379e6bdb79108c3c57.png

That's interesting. I had something download in the background but i don't have that folder.

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

That's interesting. I had something download in the background but i don't have that folder.

Have you checked "Show hidden folders and files": 742178bb65f748e468589f972bc0f314.png

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

It did not download how to fix that?

You will have to enable hidden folders, and it is in you C drive (or whatever drive windows is installed on)

EDIT: Ninja'd by @Samppa221

Have you checked "Show hidden folders and files": 742178bb65f748e468589f972bc0f314.png

You will have to enable hidden folders, and it is in you C drive (or whatever drive windows is installed on)

EDIT: Ninja'd by @Samppa221

I only have this. http://prntscr.com/7y0ot2

Literally nothing else there. It's just weird that i had a background download that Windows Update wouldn't tell me about. 

It didn't even tell me it had started or finished. I just noticed it downloading something. Just have no clue what.

Literally nothing else there. It's just weird that i had a background download that Windows Update wouldn't tell me about. 

It didn't even tell me it had started or finished. I just noticed it downloading something. Just have no clue what.

Maybe it's in a different place on Windows 7

Spoiler

Have you updated windows to the latest version (only "important" updates)? It won't download otherwise

Nope same place, I have windows 7

Have you updated windows to the latest version (only "important" updates)? It won't download otherwise

I've had 4 different x64/x86 updates in the past week. I always check for updates. There's no new drivers or updates to be installed/found so there's nothing else i can do about it.

Looks like i'll either get it downloaded tonight then or in a few days if you guys have it and mines has done a runner.

Maybe.

I've had 4 different x64/x86 updates in the past week. I always check for updates. There's no new drivers or updates to be installed/found so there's nothing else i can do about it.

Looks like i'll either get it downloaded tonight then or in a few days if you guys have it and mines has done a runner.

Maybe.

I have no idea why yours didn't download then. There is no warning it downloads and finishes it just happens "in the background".

I have no idea why yours didn't download then. There is no warning it downloads and finishes it just happens "in the background".

Yeah that's why i was wondering if it was that, that i noticed earlier. It only happened about an hour ago...

Watch it be MS installing one last push of pointless bloatware or 'Security' to Windows 7 -_-

I'm honestly wondering if anyone else has actually had a full download and installation at this point. Considering they're pushing the files and exe's on people. Someone must of found how to open it by now?

Ok this is what I have It has not downloaded yet!!??!?!?!?!? Why????

Capture.png

There we go!! Capture.png

I've had this for weeks... http://prntscr.com/7y0ot2

I have reserved the upgrade, but the $Windows.-BT folder contains the sources folder of the IR3 Windows 8.1 install with no install.wim

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

That folder seems to be downloading at this very moment for me. I only have the "source" folder in it a few minutes ago, now I got the "DUDownload" folder as well.

I had to do a windows update before I even began to see it, though.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

That folder seems to be downloading at this very moment for me. I only have the "source" folder in it a few minutes ago, now I got the "DUDownload" folder as well.

I had to do a windows update before I even began to see it, though.

Where's this?

Where's this?

C:\$Windows.~BT

On windows 7.

If you don't have it yet, there's no need to worry, it will come around sooner or later. There's probably a couple million people downloading it at the same time right now, so I wouldn't be surprised if the microsoft servers were getting a little overloaded.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

C:\$Windows.~BT

On windows 7.

If you don't have it yet, there's no need to worry, it will come around sooner or later. There's probably a couple million people downloading it at the same time right now, so I wouldn't be surprised if the microsoft servers were getting a little overloaded.

I don't even have the folder yet haha. 

I mean atleast we now know that it's that folder that seems to be downloading for the upgrade.

I just hope mine downloads tonight so i can install all my drivers etc at 1am. (Presuming the Update will go live at like 12am/1am GMT)

Unless MS fuck the UK and do it all at like 1am US time meaning it will be like 8am...

I don't even have the folder yet haha. 

I mean atleast we now know that it's that folder that seems to be downloading for the upgrade.

I just hope mine downloads tonight so i can install all my drivers etc at 1am. (Presuming the Update will go live at like 12am/1am GMT)

Unless MS fuck the UK and do it all at like 1am US time meaning it will be like 8am...

On my side, it seems to have fully downloaded now (more or less, new files are coming in and the folder size is ever changing, fluctuating between 3GB and 4GB, I'm thinking it's extracting itself?)

6fILRrB.png

On my side, it seems to have fully downloaded now (more or less, new files are coming in and the folder size is ever changing, fluctuating between 3GB and 4GB, I'm thinking it's extracting itself?)

6fILRrB.png

It looks like a partial download like it's downloading one file at a time. Isn't an ISO for Windows usually 8GB anyways? You should have like another 2-5GB left....

It looks like a partial download like it's downloading one file at a time. Isn't an ISO for Windows usually 8GB anyways? You should have like another 2-5GB left....

ISOs for windows are generally between 3GB and 3.5 GB. ;)

Even the Windows 10 Technical Preview ISO was less than 3GB. (TP 9879, later TP were slightly bigger, but that's more or less the file size of a Windows ISO)

wSrLadt.png