Bitcoin mining with dual 970s?

I don't pay for electricity

U would get 1$ a month.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

But why? if I don't pay for electricty, already have the cards. Is it really just so slow that it isn't worth having my cards running under heavy load even when they are under warranty?

What do you mean by you don't pay for electricity?

You don't live at home do you...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

What do you mean by you don't pay for electricity?

You don't live at home do you...

I live in an apt and my landlord pays for all utilities.

I live in an apt and my landlord pays for all utilities.

If you think for a second you won't get a notice when you start racking up a ton in electricity charges you're pretty naive. :P

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

If you think for a second you won't get a notice when you start racking up a ton in electricity charges you're pretty naive. :P

haha there is a limit. we have an allocation set aside every month and what we don't use gets rolled over so unless I go over my monthly allotment plus everything that i haven't used in the last year, i don't think i will have a problem. Plus I haven't gone over my allotment once yet.

Heyyo,

So then what coins are asic restrictive and what program do i use to mine them?

.... I went over it all in my post. Check on page one please.

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Heyyo,

@afineout , you need to buy a newer generation ASIC miner for Bitcoins. Don't bother with GPU mining on bitcoin, you'll be too far behind the ASIC miners to generate anything decent over time compared to alternative crypto currencies.

ASIC resistant crypto currencies like Dogecoin are pretty much non-existent meow.. ever since that infamous hack and theft of crypto currencies from Mt. Gox, a currency exchanger in Japan? Dogecoin have nearly lost all their value and dropped a lot... I was mining Dogecoin so I'm an idiot for not cashing out right away lol. :P

http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency

According to them? Goldcoin is worth checking into for mining since they use Scrypt, which is a mining algorithm that ASIC minters will have problems with so GPU mining might still be viable on it.

Sadly it looks like Cudaminer was abandoned last year though hmm... it was the best method of mining on NVIDIA GPUs since Cuda always worked better than OpenCL on NVIDIA cards...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167229.0

OH! This guy has some examples on how to mine with NVIDIA GPU and cudaminer for Goldcoin, worth checking into a little...

https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?topic=243.0

Otherwise? try googling "cudaminer for goldcoin" I guess.

Good luck!

My god there's so much wrong with this post. Just stop.

There are plenty of new algos resistant to ASIC, it's finding the right ones and the right coin using it that's difficult.

SHA256 and Scrypt are NOT ASIC resistant, those are the ones that you shouldn't GPU mine ever. DogeCoin uses scrypt which was never resistant to LiteCoin ASICs - it's the same algo! Doge has also NOT lost its value and was entirely unaffected by the MtGox failure - in fact, DogeCoin has been in flux at about half its peak for the past year!

Scrypt-n and everything after that is still ASIC resistant (for now), and CPU coins are pretty much safe but not profitable because of cloud mining shenanigans.

The only part of this post that is about right is the bit about cudaminer. The main fork has been inactive for nearly a year now, and while there have been small code edits and ports for new algos, you're shit out of luck finding a catch-all solution without running lots of testing yourself.

Choose an algo/join a multipool, do not mine individual coins unless you know exactly what you are doing (very few people do). They will take a few percent cut and calculate the most profitable coin for you at any given time.

Waste of air. Quite literally.

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

My god there's so much wrong with this post. Just stop.

There are plenty of new algos resistant to ASIC, it's finding the right ones and the right coin using it that's difficult.

SHA256 and Scrypt are NOT ASIC resistant, those are the ones that you shouldn't GPU mine ever. DogeCoin uses scrypt which was never resistant to LiteCoin ASICs - it's the same algo! Doge has also NOT lost its value and was entirely unaffected by the MtGox failure - in fact, DogeCoin has been in flux at about half its peak for the past year!

Scrypt-n and everything after that is still ASIC resistant (for now), and CPU coins are pretty much safe but not profitable because of cloud mining shenanigans.

The only part of this post that is about right is the bit about cudaminer. The main fork has been inactive for nearly a year now, and while there have been small code edits and ports for new algos, you're shit out of luck finding a catch-all solution without running lots of testing yourself.

Choose an algo/join a multipool, do not mine individual coins unless you know exactly what you are doing (very few people do). They will take a few percent cut and calculate the most profitable coin for you at any given time.

Heyyo,

Fair enough, like I said? I bailed on cryptocoin mining after Dogecoin failed and I lost monies because I didn't cash out as soon as the price of Dogecoin started to crash. :P

Back when I was mining for Dogecoin? It was quite ASIC resistant. Nowadays I know that's no longer the case. I used to use dogechain mining pool back in the day. It's quite impossible to mine on your own anyways unless you owned a building full of mining equipment.

I didn't know that mining pools now automatically change what to mine these days which is smart since it fixes the issue of how many darn crypto currencies there are meow.

You haven't listed a single mining pool though... what are the ones you recommend?

Waste of air. Quite literally.

With NVIDIA GPUs? Yeah that used to be the case. I was wasting more money trying to mine with my two GTX 680 2GB cards... but newer NVIDIA GPUs are more power efficient and can probably mine at a safer power used to mining ratio... AMD probably still hold the crown on that stuff though. Luckily? It doesn't seem to have destroyed the GPU market like it did a few years ago lol, back when the AMD R9 290 cost almost double the MSRP due to stock issues from miners. :P

I ended up buying almost my complete rig for cheap compared to new parts when Dogecoin crashed hard. Had a bud who was trying to recoup his losses so instead of buying an Intel i5 3570k? He sold me his i7-3770k for the same price.

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Mine ZiftrCoin Like me, it can utilize hardware like that.

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5
I like outdoor warning sirens. Ask me anything about them.