Best monitor to chose

Grabonis

Hi.

So i got that hard chose to make. I want to by a new monitor, but it's so hard to make decision.

As google couldn't provide me with answer I'm asking you to help.

As first my parameters for my perfect monitor was

1. 1440p

2. 144hz

3. ips 

4. <= 3ms response time

5. 24"

6. Reasonable price

At first monitor I looked up was ASUS ROG Swift

Doesn't mach criteria Nr.6 (Dosn't mach by big time)

I relay want an IPS panel so recently i found this one

Asus VX24AH 24 inch

It looks So good with that slim bezel

At first glance it's the one i would chose.

It's got 24" I don't want 27 because i rather chose pixel density over size.

It's 1440p and 144hz

It's on reasonable price and with IPS panel 

But it's more than 3ms. Well i don't think is a big deal as i did a small research on response time.

So now i am starting to think do i relay need 1440p as my pc could be to weak for it.

I got R9 290x sapphire trix oc GPU 

Intel i5-4690k

16GB ram

And i think that's might not be enough for 1440p.

While now lets say on BF4 all maxed out i got average of 110fps with 1440p i will get lets guess some 30-40fps? And there is no point of 144hz anymore right? (I know i can bring settings down and i will if needed) 

So that brings me to second thing.

Lets say some games will run alright on 1440p Like Elite Dangerous where i don't bather that much about 144hz so i could play on 1440p lower fps but enjoy resolution while games like BF4 i would love to play on 144hz.

How would it be if i play some games on 1440p monitor on 1080p resolution? 

Some say that if you play on 1080p resolution than buy 1080p monitor.

So now i'm thinking maybe i'm making mistake and that i should buy a 1080p monitor with 144hz because i relay want to upgrade to 144hz, and i want that IPS panel.

But there isn't a big chose on 1080p ips 144hz as far as amazon offers me. 

All there is cost more than this 1440p monitor i found.

And another thing is movies. Will they look like soap opra? I hate this effect. 

If they will can i turn hz down or something to 60hz to make movies look normal again? Because i think i can turn my down from 60hz to 50hz.

Thanks for support 

Most IPS panels are going to have at least 5ms response time. Still good enough for gaming.

Almost any panel that is 1440p and/or 144hz is going to be super expensive.

That's why it's your ideal panel - because it's an ideal panel, overall, and very expensive.

Generally speaking, if you're going to run games at a resolution, you should be getting a monitor at that resolution, unless you're playing in windowed mode (unlikely).

144hz panel does not really do you any good if you're not running games at/close to 144fps... totally counterproductive... so overall, you don't have much choice here at all.

Save up a TON of money, get a 980, 980ti, or Titan X and get the expensive monitor you described. Or, #dealwithit and get a normal 1080p display, or even a 144hz 1080p display.

You can likely change the refresh rate, but if not - it's not going to affect your movies. Movies are still 24fps, it's not going to speed them up, lol. They will look the same as they always do. Changing your refresh rate all the time is way too tedious, and potentially harmful to the monitor over time.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

Maybe find a 1440p monitor with freesync, it will fix the battlefield problem a bit

Maybe find a 1440p monitor with freesync, it will fix the battlefield problem a bit

Will also jack up the price; same problem with his original choice.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

Btw rog swift is worth it for me, soon receiving my 980ti to fully enjoy the capabilities of the swift

@EposVox it would fix his bf problem aaaand freesync is actually pretty cheap compared to nvidia, but with no indication of budget i dont know for which monitors to look