Help purchasing new monitor under $1000

r0ll

hi

I am looking for a new monitor for my gaming rig (specs in sig). I would like to keep it under $1000.00 CAD.

All this keeping in mind that I will almost certainly be upgrading my gpu next summer or fall. 

I am a little torn on whether I should get the \

Acer Xb270hu which is on sale right now for $900.00 CAD 

or the 

Acer XB280hk which is going for 749.99! 

I am open to other suggestions.but those were the two I have researched mostly up until now,

I had a couple questions about the pros and cons of these two monitors

1.With my current 770 I know I will never run aaa titles at 4k. How would a monitor like the 28inch 4k acer handle running these games at 1080p or lower

2. If I choose the more expensive  XB270hu, which by all accounts is the most breathtaking gaming monitor many have ever seen. Will my 770 be able to take full advantage of this monitor? Can it run bf4 or shadows of mordor at 1440p at high settings. Currently it does a great job at 1080p in both games

thanks for any insight you guys can provide

NZXT SWITCH 810~MSI Z87GD65~THERMALTAKE TOUGH POWER GRAND 750W~I7-4770K @ 4.2~MSI GTX770 GAMING EDITION~16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO RED CL9~CORSAIR H110 WITH 4 NOCTUA 140MM PWM~SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB~WD GREEN 2TB~NZXT SENTRY2 FAN CONTROLLER~BITFENIX SLEEVED CABLE KITS BLACK AND RED ~  COOLER MASTER CM STORM TRIGGER CHERRY MX BLUE~LOGITECH G500 ~SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER  BX2450 LED~ CORSAIR VENGEANCE 2000 

hi

I am looking for a new monitor for my gaming rig (specs in sig). I would like to keep it under $1000.00 CAD.

All this keeping in mind that I will almost certainly be upgrading my gpu next summer or fall. 

I am a little torn on whether I should get the \

Acer Xb270hu which is on sale right now for $900.00 CAD 

or the 

Acer XB280hk which is going for 749.99! 

I am open to other suggestions.but those were the two I have researched mostly up until now,

I had a couple questions about the pros and cons of these two monitors

1.With my current 770 I know I will never run aaa titles at 4k. How would a monitor like the 28inch 4k acer handle running these games at 1080p or lower

2. If I choose the more expensive  XB270hu, which by all accounts is the most breathtaking gaming monitor many have ever seen. Will my 770 be able to take full advantage of this monitor? Can it run bf4 or shadows of mordor at 1440p at high settings. Currently it does a great job at 1080p in both games

thanks for any insight you guys can provide

first is your 770 4gb or 2gb and also gaming at 1440p will not be able to be maxed out for sure

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

first is your 770 4gb or 2gb and also gaming at 1440p will not be able to be maxed out for sure

2gb :(

NZXT SWITCH 810~MSI Z87GD65~THERMALTAKE TOUGH POWER GRAND 750W~I7-4770K @ 4.2~MSI GTX770 GAMING EDITION~16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO RED CL9~CORSAIR H110 WITH 4 NOCTUA 140MM PWM~SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB~WD GREEN 2TB~NZXT SENTRY2 FAN CONTROLLER~BITFENIX SLEEVED CABLE KITS BLACK AND RED ~  COOLER MASTER CM STORM TRIGGER CHERRY MX BLUE~LOGITECH G500 ~SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER  BX2450 LED~ CORSAIR VENGEANCE 2000 

I would say spend part of that $1000 on a GTX 980 or R9 Fury and the rest on a nice 1440P monitor.

980 is about 600.00 cad plus taxes so approx $700 doesn't leave me much of a budget for a monitor maybe around 250 bucks.

That's why I am planning to spend the cash on a monitor now and next summer spring for a new gpu 

my current monitor is a pos

2gb :(

Well since you have $1000 I say spend part of it on a new GPU, a GTX 980 or R9 Fury, and spend the rest on a nice 1440p monitor, maybe even an ROG Swift.

980 is about 600.00 cad plus taxes so approx $700 doesn't leave me much of a budget for a monitor maybe around 250 bucks.

That's why I am planning to spend the cash on a monitor now and next summer spring for a new gpu 

my current monitor is a pos

The GTX 980 is a $500 card, plus you can find a good one used for $400. That leaves you with $600 for a new monitor. Even a $300 ASUS VG248QE would suit your needs. I have this monitor and I have to say I'm in love, and I only have a GTX 760.

Thanks for the input guys but I think you are both failing to see that I am in Canada and thus paying Canadian prices not to mention taxes both federal and provincial which amount to 15%. There is no way I can afford a reasonable monitor upgrade and a 980ti or 980 or R9 for that matter. That is why I want to go bawl to the walls on a monitor now and ugrade my gpu later. I will obviously see a much better bang for my buck compared to buying a 980ti which comes to $1000.00 canadian all in and keeping my shitty monitor that I currently have for another year till I can afford the upgrade. Especially given that I am reasonably certain for whatever I spend today on a gpu I could get a lot more for my money a year from now

THIS

Also the R9 Fury is a good card for 4K as well, not sure it compares with the 980 Ti at 4K, but it definitely beats the GTX 980 at 4K.

so here is what i would do if i were you.... and you can spend $1000:

for 1440p:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fty4Jx

for 4k:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9ycPkL

Thanks for the input guys but I think you are both failing to see that I am in Canada and thus paying Canadian prices not to mention taxes both federal and provincial which amount to 15%. There is no way I can afford a reasonable monitor upgrade and a 980ti or 980 or R9 for that matter.

ok nevermind here you go for 1440p:

here you go my best suggestion for you:

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/r2LQnQ

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

Thanks for the input guys but I think you are both failing to see that I am in Canada and thus paying Canadian prices not to mention taxes both federal and provincial which amount to 15%. There is no way I can afford a reasonable monitor upgrade and a 980ti or 980 or R9 for that matter. That is why I want to go bawl to the walls on a monitor now and ugrade my gpu later. I will obviously see a much better bang for my buck compared to buying a 980ti which comes to $1000.00 canadian all in and keeping my shitty monitor that I currently have for another year till I can afford the upgrade. Especially given that I am reasonably certain for whatever I spend today on a gpu I could get a lot more for my money a year from now

Come on dude, if you really want an upgrade you need a new GPU. Craigslist, especially the Canadian one is a great place to find a nice GTX 980. Hell you could probably even find a nice monitor too. If you REALLY want to spend that much on a new monitor and stay with the same GPU though, I recommend an ROG Swift 1440p. It's still a great monitor even though it's more expensive than a kidney transplant.

Come on dude, if you really want an upgrade you need a new GPU. Craigslist, especially the Canadian one is a great place to find a nice GTX 980. Hell you could probably even find a nice monitor too. If you REALLY want to spend that much on a new monitor and stay with the same GPU though, I recommend an ROG Swift 1440p. It's still a great monitor even though it's more expensive than a kidney transplant.

I was looking at it but ouch $1050.00 on newegg.ca and is it really better than the acer with it's ips panel for $150 more? Linus doesn't think so and neither do a lot of other reviews.

And yes I really do want to keep my current GPU until the next gen of nvidia is released. 

I was looking at it but ouch $1050.00 on newegg.ca and is it really better than the acer with it's ips panel for $150 more? Linus doesn't think so and neither do a lot of other reviews.

And yes I really do want to keep my current GPU until the next gen of nvidia is released. 

$1050?! Holy shit! It's only $749 on Newegg in the US. If you're going to upgrade to Pascal, then it's definitely worth the wait if it's as powerful as they say it is. Get the Acer one you mentioned then.

$1050?! Holy shit! It's only $749 on Newegg in the US. If you're going to upgrade to Pascal, then it's definitely worth the wait if it's as powerful as they say it is. Get the Acer one you mentioned then.

I think I will