China to lift the ban on selling and making videogame consoles in the country

Bouzoo

Never been done =/= impossible. I think you are hugely underestimating China.

I think that you're astronomically overestimating the importance of hardware to consumers and third-parties. Just being able to make a powerful console won't bring third-party support or convince current gamers to switch to a different ecosystem. It's like saying that you can take down iOS and Android by just putting a new OS on a powerful phone. That's not how it works.

I think that you're astronomically overestimating the importance of hardware to consumers and third-parties. Just being able to make a powerful console won't bring third-party support or convince current gamers to switch to a different ecosystem. It's like saying that you can take down iOS and Android by just putting a new OS on a powerful phone. That's not how it works.

Lol you mean like Cyanogen? Or the dozens of Chinese car companies? Lighten up. Seriously. 

I agree that when china makes a console (they will) it will not be #1 in a year. But to say that they cant ever be competitive because there are already established products is a horrible argument. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Lol you mean like Cyanogen? Or the dozens of Chinese car companies? Lighten up. Seriously. 

I agree that when china makes a console (they will) it will not be #1 in a year. But to say that they cant ever be competitive because there are already established products is a horrible argument. 

Cyanogen isn't a major player, and the automobile market is completely different. They can't compete. It's that simple. The market can't support more than two consoles aimed at a similar audience. That's why Sega died and Nintendo is dying.

Since you know so much, explain how you think it's possible and what company could do it. As far as I can tell, you're just a PC gamer without even slightest clue of how the console market works. You haven't said a single thing about why you think it's possible other than "they're good in other markets with much lower barriers to entry."

Cyanogen isn't a major player, and the automobile market is completely different. They can't compete. It's that simple. The market can't support more than two consoles aimed at a similar audience. That's why Sega died and Nintendo is dying.

Since you know so much, explain how you think it's possible and what company could do it. As far as I can tell, you're just a PC gamer without even slightest clue of how the console market works. You haven't said a single thing about why you think it's possible other than "they're good in other markets with much lower barriers to entry."

I have explained my position and given examples. If you don't agree, that's cool. 

In the future, try not to take disagreement so personally. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I have explained my position and given examples. If you don't agree, that's cool. 

In the future, try not to take disagreement so personally. 

Your position is completely irrelevant then. It's basically, "China can do anything!" I guess you think they can do it by offering cheaper hardware with similar capabilities. Sorry, but no. They need way more than just that.You just don't know what you're talking about, sorry.