Age of Empires II HD

anyone playing AoE II HD ?

i really like it

im at my parents' place atm and i have my mom's laptop which cant run dota2/csgo or anything else and im playing AoE2

it's a really good game actually but still got a ton of issues 

good thing is; devs are trying for the best

I do play it weekly!

Yes, the devs are behind the game, they answer to users on the Steam Community forums, and patch the game regularly, we had 2 major patches the last 2 months, and still more to come, including an expansion which was offcicially announced by the dev team..

However, the game won't ever work properly, as the game engine is what limits the whole thing. It has been pretty much the same engine as the original Age of Empires II (not-HD). It is very lame regarding CPU utilization, thus performing badly, even on modern good hardware. Also the multiplayer sync mechanism is not really designed to be used over the internet (it was mostly designed by LAN use, which works decently). Pretty much unless they do a complete remake, or port it to the same engine as the Age of Empires III (which works a lot better), it's going to continue to suck on this aspect.

I do play it weekly!

Yes, the devs are behind the game, they answer to users on the Steam Community forums, and patch the game regularly, we had 2 major patches the last 2 months, and still more to come, including an expansion which was offcicially announced by the dev team..

However, the game won't ever work properly, as the game engine is what limits the whole thing. It has been pretty much the same engine as the original Age of Empires II (not-HD). It is very lame regarding CPU utilization, thus performing badly, even on modern good hardware. Also the multiplayer sync mechanism is not really designed to be used over the internet (it was mostly designed by LAN use, which works decently). Pretty much unless they do a complete remake, or port it to the same engine as the Age of Empires III (which works a lot better), it's going to continue to suck on this aspect.

well, yeah, latency is always high when you play online

it used to be insanely high but now they fixed some stuff and its way better

It's 5:22 am right now here, if you want, tomorrow we can play cs:s or cs classic or something