why isnt this being recomended left right and center?

Pandora
Go to solution Solved by DarkBlade2117,

can you fit both of those in a laptop? what about its builds? its obv not the best value but i didnt even know WD made ssd's. for beginners, all in ones, laptops, htpc's, pre-built machines this seems like a very very solid option.

This is to high quality for a prebuilt machine, can you fit both in a laptop? Yeah some laptops have a SSD, HDD ect ect. I know a few that you can connect 2 SSDs to them. For home theater PCs meh don't know much about them rather then I'd probably just want a single 256gb SSD since you know you've got Netflix, Hulu, Amazon instant video, and a few more now a days.

For laptops that are going for light weight and trying to be small this is a solid option

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GSJ9X4Q/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i25?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-4&pf_rd_r=0EJ2T5CK72Y6KVX49SQ1&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2090149782&pf_rd_i=desktop

it isn't that much more then a wd black 1 tb and an 120gig ssd. its really reasonable.

has anyone bought this and can i get diskmark figures?

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

Because you can get a 1tb drive and a 256gb Crucial BX100 for around $130

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

IMO it's a nice idea in terms of form factor, but when it comes to speed... the single sata 3 port is probably going to run into some trouble keeping up with both the SSD and HDD..

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I believe the OP meant for something more like in a laptop with only one HDD/SSD slot.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GSJ9X4Q/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i25?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-4&pf_rd_r=0EJ2T5CK72Y6KVX49SQ1&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2090149782&pf_rd_i=desktop

it isn't that much more then a wd black 1 tb and an 120gig ssd. its really reasonable.

has anyone bought this and can i get diskmark figures?

and have better performance.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

can you fit both of those in a laptop? what about its builds? its obv not the best value but i didnt even know WD made ssd's. for beginners, all in ones, laptops, htpc's, pre-built machines this seems like a very very solid option. 

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

I believe the OP meant for something more like in a laptop with only one HDD/SSD slot.

for a laptop that's going for being small and light yeah but nearly every case now a days have a 2.5inch and 3.5inch tray. Even the small form factor ones

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

It's 2 things to fail instead of 1.

I'd get it for a laptop drive. But other then that, nuh uh

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Some laptops have 2 2.5 drive slots, some only have one. 

for a laptop that's going for being small and light yeah but nearly every case now a days have a 2.5inch and 3.5inch tray. Even the small form factor ones

even then have you heard this recommended even once? or even talked about. to me it seems like the perfect AIO or laptop solution and i had never heard of it. 

It is, for specific use cases.

even then have you heard this recommended even once? or even talked about. to me it seems like the perfect AIO or laptop solution and i had never heard of it. 

Yes. Quite a few times, actually.

This is to high quality for a prebuilt machine, can you fit both in a laptop? Yeah some laptops have a SSD, HDD ect ect. I know a few that you can connect 2 SSDs to them. For home theater PCs meh don't know much about them rather then I'd probably just want a single 256gb SSD since you know you've got Netflix, Hulu, Amazon instant video, and a few more now a days.

For laptops that are going for light weight and trying to be small this is a solid option

its deff a drive for a very specific uses but i'm surprised that WD isn't trumpeting this like the savior of storage.

Not many people ask for what to put in there laptop one this forumns and the people thst do they already have a 512gb or 1tb drive in them and are just looking for a SSD to add since most laptops can support more then one drive if it wasn't going for a slim Kindda look.

its deff a drive for a very specific uses but i'm surprised that WD isn't trumpeting this like the savior of storage.

It's been around for a little bit, the hybrid drive by WD atleast has been. Nothing really new.

for laptops with only one hard drive bay you can do away with the optical drive ( are these still used ? ) and get a hdd / optical drive adapter, for the odd time the dvd is needed you can use external usb dvd drive

2nd-Hard-Drive-HDD-Caddy-Adapter-For-Len

1.21 gigawatts !!! 1.21 gigawatts!!.... Great Scott!