"Nintendo posts quarterly profit despite terrible Wii U sales"

TopWargamer

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/31/4574174/nintendo-posts-quarterly-profit-despite-terrible-wii-u-sales'>Source (Polygon)

Results in both ordinary and net incomes saw 14.8 billion yen ($150 million) and 8.6 billion yen ($877 million), respectively, for the first quarter ended June 30, 2013. The company reported net sales of 81.5 billion yen ($831 million), where overseas sales contributed to 63.7 percent of that figure, with 51.9 billion yen ($530 million).

Wii U sales still have a "negative impact" on its profits, Nintendo reports. Only 160,00 Wii U units were sold worldwide for the quarter: 90,000 in Japan, 60,000 in North America and 10,000 in Europe and Australia. 1.03 million Wii U games were sold within the three month period. According to the company, revenue from downloadable digital content increased by nearly 150 percent over the same period last year.

I really hope things will get turned around for Nintendo, because they have quite a few good games coming up, especially the new Smash Bros. game, which should booster sales. 

COMIC SANS

I really disagree with rehashing old titles over and over as a business model. Of course they aren't going to just break out and compete with sony/micro$ in terms of console horsepower. But I'm sick of seing Zelda, Metroid and Mario on an endless repeat cycle.

Well, I know everyone has their own opinion but this is just not right. "Rehashing" zelda, mario and smash bros isn't the same as with assasins creed. They don't bring you a new one every year to boost their sales. Well, I'm only counting the "big" marios right now not every mario branch. But just look at the release cycles of those. The developers of those actually try to be innovative instead of just saying HEY LET'S GIVE OUR GUY A PISTOL INSTEAD OF THROWING KNIFE THAT'LL MAKE IT MORE FUN. Yes, some zelda creatures always reappear, many items and some mechanics and riddles. The same goes for mario and smash bros. But that is what the people want. I couldn't imagine a smash bros without my kirby and link. One complaint many people have is that they always remove characters when they introduce new ones. 

And please, there are way too few Zelda games. Zelda exists for 27 years now.

For a company that just remakes the same games they need a better plan.

Next console they need to have a mario party, mario/luigi game, super smash bros, majoras mask or orcarina of time HD remake all at release with a new zelda title comming a year later with a god dam pokemon game released a year later also. Bam than I would buy that console.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd