Sli Gtx 970 g1's Crashing

So my gtx 970 g1 from gigabyte keep crashing and it is showing the message "Nvidia driver kernal crashed" with its current version. This has been happeneing for a while now and i still havent fount a way to fix it. I've tried to up the voltage on the GPU's and that worked but for some reason it slowed my connection speed a ton. and reinstalling windows. taking the GPU's out and back in. Rebuilding the system. None of this has worked my thoughts are that i have a  "4-pin Molex IDE to 6 Pin Pci-e Graphic Card Power Adapter Connector Converter Cable" and that one of the cards are not getting enough power or something. Please send back anything that you think will help me. Thanks!

EDIT:Gtx 970 G1 from gigabyte 

Motherboard:: Asus Maxiumus ROG Crosshair VII AM4     Ram:: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)     SSD:: Intel 730 series 240Gb SSD
 GPU:: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB ROG Strix     CPU:: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x @3.70GHz   COOLING:: NZXT Kraken x72 AiO, 3x Thermaltake Riing Plus

353.49 are newest drivers and you could try setting Power Management to Prefer Maximum Performance in Nvidia Control Panel or enabling K-Boost in EVGA Precision X (K-Boost isn't an ideal solution) as these should mostly resolve any issues caused by dynamic clocks and voltages if those were causing issues, which wouldn't be surprising as GPU Boost isn't a very great technology to begin with.

353.49 are newest drivers and you could try setting Power Management to Prefer Maximum Performance in Nvidia Control Panel or enabling K-Boost in EVGA Precision X (K-Boost isn't an ideal solution) as these should mostly resolve any issues caused by dynamic clocks and voltages if those were causing issues, which wouldn't be surprising as GPU Boost isn't a very great technology to begin with.

I have tried that, and its still doing it

Motherboard:: Asus Maxiumus ROG Crosshair VII AM4     Ram:: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)     SSD:: Intel 730 series 240Gb SSD
 GPU:: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB ROG Strix     CPU:: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x @3.70GHz   COOLING:: NZXT Kraken x72 AiO, 3x Thermaltake Riing Plus

What is your PSU since you say you believe they may not be getting enough power?

Have you tried running a single card and seeing if the issues are still present?

Never do SLI

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

Not really, SLI can beat 1 card solutions while being cheaper on some cases. Same goes for X-fire.

*sigh*, I hate you

Have you tried cleaning all remnants of drivers using DDU and then installing latest drivers?

I would still consider SLI to be in an early alpha stage. Game makers have to code support for SLI which can lead to a buggy mess.

Nvidia should be the one who handles SLI in games, not the game makers them selves.

One better card > 2 smaller cards

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

Try rolling back to 350.12, I found my GTX 980 crashes on any newer driver than that.

\

I would still consider SLI to be in an early alpha stage. Game makers have to code support for SLI which can lead to a buggy mess.

Nvidia should be the one who handles SLI in games, not the game makers them selves.

One better card > 2 smaller cards

Please continue to explain to me how 2 x 970s which are only a bit more than a 980 yet match a 980 Ti in performance would be better suited by a 980?

inb4 problems that happened years ago that don't happen anymore

Please continue to explain to me how 2 x 970s which are only a bit more than a 980 yet match a 980 Ti in performance would be better suited by a 980?

inb4 problems that happened years ago that don't happen anymore

In some games 970's COULD be better, but if you noticed all the problems people have with SLI on these forums you would realize it's just not worth it.

In some games 970's COULD be better, but if you noticed all the problems people have with SLI on these forums you would realize it's just not worth it.

What problems?

Barely heard of any SLI problems and I have been on the forums longer than you.

the 970 gpu's seem to have alot of misc. issues with SLI.

I used a software workaround to get my msi and evga 970's to sli (different brands & specs, but same device id's)

do a google search for    -->>  DifferentSLIAuto1.3  <<--

also run gpu-z or msi afterburner to check real-time TDP stats & etc..

If drivers are not an issue then what is your PSU? There may not be enough power.

A 750 G2 from EVGA

What problems?

Barely heard of any SLI problems and I have been on the forums longer than you.

I dont really think this is an SLI problem because when i ran them without SLI the problem is still there

*sigh*, I hate you

Have you tried cleaning all remnants of drivers using DDU and then installing latest drivers?

Yes

TDR can be caused by alot of stuff even old chipset, sound or other drivers/Software can cause it. Try to eliminate all old drivers and run no background Software, then take a look what you do with your pc when tdr's appear

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

A 750 G2 from EVGA

Why do you use an Adapter then?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

One of my cables got messed up during sleevin