Going to buy a new phone this week. (Please help me decide)

ORGASMATRON

So, after 3 or 4 years of not having a phone since my Nokia 5310 XPressMusic passed away. I've been surviving just with my 32GB iPod Touch 5th Gen (which has 2.7k+ songs) for the last 2 years until it got lost while I was biking (stupid, i know). I rarely go outside because my work is home-based and my friends just contact me on facebook since I'm almost always online. I just leave the house when I go drinking with my friends or when I go to a rave or when I go biking or the gym or buy some groceries and stuff..

Here's a couple of things you need to know before choosing between Samsung Galaxy S6 and Sony XPeria Z3:

1. I like music. a lot.

2. I don't like playing games or watching movies on my device. I have my PC for that.

3. I don't care about the looks on my phone, since I would put it in a case anyway. I don't know. Just wanted it to be more protected or something.

4. I do care about the raw/unprocessed image/video quality.

TIA! :D

It doesn't matter how fast you run, there are some demons you just can't escape...

why not oneplus?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

I would go with S6 or wait for some of the new phones coming in the next few months (Nexus, OnePlus 2 etc)

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

So, after 3 or 4 years of not having a phone since my Nokia 5310 XPressMusic passed away. I've been surviving just with my 32GB iPod Touch 5th Gen (which has 2.7k+ songs) for the last 2 years until it got lost while I was biking (stupid, i know). I rarely go outside because my work is home-based and my friends just contact me on facebook since I'm almost always online. I just leave the house when I go drinking with my friends or when I go to a rave or when I go biking or the gym or buy some groceries and stuff..

Here's a couple of things you need to know before choosing between Samsung Galaxy S6 and Sony XPeria Z3:

1. I like music. a lot.

2. I don't like playing games or watching movies on my device. I have my PC for that.

3. I don't care about the looks on my phone, since I would put it in a case anyway. I don't know. Just wanted it to be more protected or something.

4. I do care about the raw/unprocessed image/video quality.

TIA! :D

Id actually heavily recommend a Iphone if you don't mind moving away from android. their cameras are freaking gold. and. music. nuff said. 

if you want a smooth better experience, than iphone. if you want to customize and have random battery drains, then android. but it seems like you'd be a rather light phone user, so iphone just makes more sense IMHO.

know it wasn't a option, but definitely something to consider. 

OnePlus2

MotoX

Nexus

And even the iPhone 6S will be coming out

So I would wait til the end of this year

I voted for both :D

S6 doe really if between those two.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Id actually heavily recommend a Iphone if you don't mind moving away from android. their cameras are freaking gold. and. music. nuff said. 

if you want a smooth better experience, than iphone. if you want to customize and have random battery drains, then android. but it seems like you'd be a rather light phone user, so iphone just makes more sense IMHO.

know it wasn't a option, but definitely something to consider. 

Yeah. I actually considered getting one, but it's too expensive for me.

It doesn't matter how fast you run, there are some demons you just can't escape...

why not oneplus?

The only provider of OPO here doesn't come with a warranty. Because of import issues. (they said)

The only provider of OPO here doesn't come with a warranty. Because of import issues. (they said)

:o much sadness!

can you get a S6 active?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Yeah. I actually considered getting one, but it's too expensive for me.

interesting that its more then a S6. id take the samsung as I prefer how they look/build and have experience with samsung. but you're throwing a case on it. so not really sure. does the z3 have expandable memory? that may be very important for a music head

interesting that its more then a S6. id take the samsung as I prefer how they look/build and have experience with samsung. but you're throwing a case on it. so not really sure. does the z3 have expandable memory? that may be very important for a music head

Well, actually, the basic S6 is currently on sale right now. I'm just not sure if I wanna buy that since it is imported and it has no warranty. Online shops here are so greedy. and yes, z3 does have an expandable memory.

:o much sadness!

can you get a S6 active?

I'm afraid I can't. It's not on sale unlike the baisc S6. lol.

I voted for both :D

S6 doe really if between those two.

Yeah. I think S6 have better image quality. Too bad it doesn't have an expandable memory.