Please help me seal the deal!

Hello, hello! 

It's time, I'm ordering all this, and that's it. Or isn't?

Just wanted to hear a little from this helpful and trusty community, i'm building something to edit my 2k and maybe 4k videos, with a 1400USD uber max budget (actually buying that in my country, a LOT more expensive than in the USA) and might try some gaming as well. PSU and SSD are already bought, the options here in Brazil were not satisfying as far as I researched.

Things like cooling system were not quite as I expected, but since I have limited options and have bundle discounts, some options might seem a little odd

Anyway, there it is:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i GT 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($88.44 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($252.85 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($97.95 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($319.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($84.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $1326.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-20 14:20 EDT-0400

Thanks a lot!

get a cheaper motherboard and get yourself a GTX 980ti..

970 is no game anymore.

970 is no game anymore.

a 980ti would go over his budget. Maybe a 390 if that goes with the other stuff, havent really looked at the parts :P And hes not going to be doing hard gaming so i doubt a 980ti is necessary.

Can't you just import all those parts?

970 is no game anymore.

I disagree, the 970 is an excellent card.

It DOES seem strange to couple it to such an expensive CPU though. if you could cut down on CPU costs and put it into GPU you could have a better system

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

970 is no game anymore.

Thought about that, but wanna hear something funny? Here 980 Ti goes for what would be 1700USD... and 970 are like 700USD. My first build contained one of those and Gaming 5 mobo, but since my buying source from US exceeded the limit of importation goodies, I stuck with 970.

Thanks a lot tho!

970 is no game anymore.

970 is totally fine  ffs, id also get a WD bluze instead of barracuda and 8gb ram and not 16

I disagree, the 970 is an excellent card.

It DOES seem strange to couple it to such an expensive CPU though. if you could cut down on CPU costs and put it into GPU you could have a better system

I agree on the quality of 970 when is budget oriented. CPU was a matter of video rendering, hyper threading benefits and multitasking while editing. Heard it handles some good audio softwares quite smoothly. What modifications would you suggest?

970 is no game anymore.

It's not even a year old... The 970 is not a 'no game'. 

Can't you just import all those parts?

+100% taxes when importing here in my country. I was planning to risk bringing from US with a friend coming over, but dollar is 1USD to 3.5BRL nowadays meaning that I wouldn't save much.... hehehe as you can see that is like a weird build but planned to be upgraded in a few years.

+100% taxes when importing here in my country. I was planning to risk bringing from US with a friend coming over, but dollar is 1USD to 3.5BRL nowadays meaning that I wouldn't save much.... hehehe as you can see that is like a weird build but planned to be upgraded in a few years.

damn.....

970 is totally fine  ffs, id also get a WD bluze instead of barracuda and 8gb ram and not 16

You sir are browsing my web history. Changed that like a min ago, noticed that the combo I'm planning to buy actually includes one of those

I disagree on the RAM. If he's video editing and rendering (possibly in 4k he said), he will want at least 16 with 32 being preferable. After 32 the return is negligible.

Btw, I'm installing the PSU after the PC arrives, meaning I'll have to deal with some of the tubes from coolers and stuff when installing. Not much of a biggie, right?

a 980ti would go over his budget. Maybe a 390 if that goes with the other stuff, havent really looked at the parts :P And hes not going to be doing hard gaming so i doubt a 980ti is necessary.

Sorry, missed you answer! 980 Ti is a future wish, but now for now, 390 is also very expensive, they export very pricey cards, meaning that even some 390 with tweaks are more expensive than some stock 980's....

Hello, hello! 

It's time, I'm ordering all this, and that's it. Or isn't?

Just wanted to hear a little from this helpful and trusty community, i'm building something to edit my 2k and maybe 4k videos, with a 1400USD uber max budget (actually buying that in my country, a LOT more expensive than in the USA) and might try some gaming as well. PSU and SSD are already bought, the options here in Brazil were not satisfying as far as I researched.

Things like cooling system were not quite as I expected, but since I have limited options and have bundle discounts, some options might seem a little odd

Anyway, there it is:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i GT 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($88.44 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($252.85 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($97.95 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($319.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($84.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $1326.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-20 14:20 EDT-0400

Thanks a lot!

crap cooler.

overpriced motherboard.

7800X3D - MSI B650 MAG Tomahawk - 32GB 6000mhz CL30 - Gigabyte 3080 TI - 2TB NVME - 1000w PSU - ID Cooling 240mm AIO

crap cooler.

overpriced motherboard.

Watched that video and went through all that to decide for this cooler. I'd rather one of those Noctuas, but the thing is we don't have that option down here in Brazil, it simply can't be ordered. Tell me more how is that overpriced, I'd reckon Z97 series going over 1k offering wi-fi, no eSata and no stable USB connections, f'rinstance. I appreciate criticism, but combo 2x ranting and a video of this very community doesn't settle anything. 

I agree on the quality of 970 when is budget oriented. CPU was a matter of video rendering, hyper threading benefits and multitasking while editing. Heard it handles some good audio softwares quite smoothly. What modifications would you suggest?

a 970 isnt a bugdget card ffs, it a high end gaming card and barely anyoneh as cards as good as that, on this forum there are just only people with high end gpus so they would say the gtx 970 isnt good enough........

Watched that video and went through all that to decide for this cooler. I'd rather one of those Noctuas, but the thing is we don't have that option down here in Brazil, it simply can't be ordered. Tell me more how is that overpriced, I'd reckon Z97 series going over 1k offering wi-fi, no eSata and no stable USB connections, f'rinstance. I appreciate criticism, but combo 2x ranting and a video of this very community doesn't settle anything. 

no tower air coolers pls....A friend of mine installed a noctua nh d15 and when he had installed it, he put the case in the normal position and d15 was so heavy that it broke his motherboard apart and they refused to buy him a new motherboard, he had asked both the mobo manufacturer and noctua.  So I'd rather get a water cooler

Take a look at the h100i since they have a very similar price in Brazil and you can fit it in you case

If you don't mind, share the site were you'll be buying than we'll know what to suggest

crap cooler.

overpriced motherboard.

Which features made you choose this mobo? Maybe there's something cheaper that can do the job

Which features made you choose this mobo? Maybe there's something cheaper that can do the job

Overclocking capabilities, durability, audio response... The 4790k and the mobo is my pick to last longer, as well as the PSU

the website is this one: http://www.pichau.com.br/

a 970 isnt a bugdget card ffs, it a high end gaming card and barely anyoneh as cards as good as that, on this forum there are just only people with high end gpus so they would say the gtx 970 isnt good enough........

Hey thanks! It is not a budget card, it's indeed a high ended card for a good price in my country. It would be the cost/performance choice, as much as it would be for me the 980 Ti if I lived in the US. High end GPUs can benefit a lot of Adobe softwares, Sony Vegas as well as give me some good results in latest games, that's why I'd invest a little more in this bit

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz97xgaming5

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gag1sniperz97

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z97gaming5

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z97g45gaming

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-maximusviiranger

What's the difference between these? Point out the specific differences. As in features that you will use that help the performance of your system.

The only difference I see is about $100 extra for the Asus MAXIMUS.

7800X3D - MSI B650 MAG Tomahawk - 32GB 6000mhz CL30 - Gigabyte 3080 TI - 2TB NVME - 1000w PSU - ID Cooling 240mm AIO

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz97xgaming5

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gag1sniperz97

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z97gaming5

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z97g45gaming

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-maximusviiranger

What's the difference between these? Point out the specific differences. As in features that you will use that help the performance of your system.

The only difference I see is about $100 extra for the Asus MAXIMUS.

Indeed, now we started a discussion. Gaming 5 of MSI saves me some bucks, but reckon that every board you showed is priced the same in the store I'm buying with the ranger. Or it's unavailable. I will check a bit more for benefits, but seems like you pointed something out that is really relevant, thanks a lot! I was not merely defending, but asking for a true breakdown :D