I only get the BSOD when I play a game

MrNinjanachos

So, I recently built my computer and since the first day I built it, it would crash when I play a game. not instantaneously but, it never the less, it would crash. I have no spare ram or anything to help trouble-shoot. so...
This is what my BSOD says: post-246357-0-34162800-1437410462_thumb. (Just in case you need the information)

Specs: Z97-ProGamer

G1 Gaming Geforce GTX 960

Blue WD 1TB Hard Drive

HyperX Fury 8GB 1866 MHz 

Corsair HX750i

i5- 4690k @3.5GHz

Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit

Thanks in advance

post-246357-0-34162800-1437410462_thumb.

Every power plug is right in place? I mean, did you plug the 6-pins plug in your graphics card and plugged everything else properly?

Are your drivers up to date and not corrupted by any chance?
Did you overclock/overvolt anything? Are temperatures fine?

Just tag @ChatDaw so I can answer as fast as possible.

I now realize I posted this isn the wrong area.. oops

Also, follow your topics.

Just tag @ChatDaw so I can answer as fast as possible.

Everything is plugged into my power supply. There was a 8-pin and 6-pin thing that I needed to plug into my graphics card, so I did. and I'm positive everthing is plugged in properly... all my drivers are up to date and everything nothing has over-heated. I saw the trouble-shoot post on how I should have made my thread so I guess I do that.

I had that same problem. Turned out one of my ram modules was pushing up daisies. Try taking out one ram module and see if the bios still registers it.

If it's the ram, you'll see that since it won't show up in the bios. You can always try reseating them. While you're at it, clear your cmos, that helped for me ones.

The problem is... is that I only have one ram stick :/

Okay, well I guess you might want to try it in different slots but I'm not sure how likely that is to help.

I'd try replacing your RAM.

Sig under construction.

Now my computer is getting the BSOD even when I'm not playing a game... I got the BSOD when I was just casually scrolling through facebook....

is it possible that it could be something else or are you pretty positive that it's the ram?

The problem is... is that I only have one ram stick :/

Memtest86 and a USB stick are great.

Memtest86 and a USB stick are great.

I'll try it out, thanks

I'm trying to use memstick but it will only boot to windows... I burned memstick to a cd and went to bios and made it a priority to boot off of my optic drive but it didn't work... Nothing seems to work for me... :(

I'm trying to use memstick but it will only boot to windows... I burned memstick to a cd and went to bios and made it a priority to boot off of my optic drive but it didn't work... Nothing seems to work for me... :(

Try unplugging the OS drive while you're doing that. Once you're finished, plug it back in.

You can't always trust quotes from the Internet. - Abraham Lincoln

I took apart my mom's computer and got the same amount of ram and started to play a game and I still crashed... something else is wrong with my computer. It's not my ram.

One of the ram chips on the GPU is dead.

Any error code? Beeps? You can try to mem-test it and see if it passes but it sounds a lot like one of the vram chips might be dead. 

Did you create a boot disk, or just copy the memtest files to the CD?

You need to create a boot disk, not just put the files on the disk.

The BIOS can't understand .exe files.

Everyone is going hardware wise but I'm going to go software here. Have you tried making sure that OS is COMPLETELY up to date and that you have to newest drivers for you computer? Have you ran task manager and just tried looking at your loads and seeing how much of what is being used? A lot of problems can be solved from just checking task manager and seeing if your cpu is under load or not. ALso check the temps and see if your cpu is getting hot when playing games. Computers have an auto shutdown when it gets too hot. Last but not least, get an S.M.A.R.T. HDD test. http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskInfo/index-e.html This will determine if the HDD is going bad

I have all the latest updates for my drivers but everytime i try to install a windows update, it comes up with an error (I've tried to fix it the exact way microsoft has told me too, but still didn't help. I suspect corrupted files) Nothing is over heating and CPU usage is at around 15% which I'm guessing is normal. I also need to update my bios but for some reason that won't work either. My HDD seems to be good according to the thing I downloaded from the website. I also think It's a software problem, I guess that's better than a hardware problem... right? :/