How to flash a BIOS

I'm building a system with a asus maximus vi extreme and an i7 4790k and it needs a bios update I have the updated BIOS on a usb drive but how do I get it to update the bios

Why not just boot into the OS and then update your bios?

Adobe Photoshop Graphic Artist and PC Building Enthusiast

Corsair 750D | I7 4770 | Aorus Waterblocked 1080ti | z97A Gaming 7 MSI | EVGA supernova 750 G2 Gold | 900P 280Gb 256GB 850PRO 128 GB 850 EVO| 32GB Corsair Vengeance (4x8GB) | Logitech g502 mouse | Corsair K70 Cherry-MX Brown | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop |

I'm building a system with a asus maximus vi extreme and an i7 4790k and it needs a bios update I have the updated BIOS on a usb drive but how do I get it to update the bios

If it boots Windows then update it after installing Windows. No harm in using ASUS's software...

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

I don't have another cpu

I'm pretty sure that mobo has out-of-the-box from ASUS factory support for Haswell Refresh yo. Have you tried to boot it?

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I'm pretty sure that mobo has out-of-the-box from ASUS factory support for Haswell Refresh yo. Have you tried to boot it?

It's a Z87 board, so no.

However the EZFlash bios update utility that @Gix7Fifty posted will work. You're lucky you bought a board that supports this or else you would've been SOL.

It's a Z87 board, so no.

However the EZFlash bios update utility that @Gix7Fifty posted will work. You're lucky you bought a board that supports this or else you would've been SOL.

My B85 (Haswell dated) board came with the latest Gigabyte BIOS so I had Haswell Refresh compatibility out of the box. I would expect ASUS to do the same.

My B85 (Haswell dated) board came with the latest Gigabyte BIOS so I had Haswell Refresh compatibility out of the box. I would expect ASUS to do the same.

There is no B95 chipset, so recently manufactured boards of that chipset exist. There is a Z97 chipset, so nearly all Z87 boards are old boards that pre-date the bios update.

There is no B95 chipset, so recently manufactured boards of that chipset exist. There is a Z97 chipset, so nearly all Z87 boards are old boards that pre-date the bios update.

That is true...

Did the OP ever boot it? His last post says he had not. I would try to boot it before all else.