Is Acer A Good Laptop Brand?

reapersivan

I was wondering since I recently ordered one on Amazon. How long will it last me, I take very good care of my electronics. Is it a durable brand. I have heard some bad things about them but in general are they good for their price? Anyone have experience with any Laptops on the 400$+ Range?

I ordered one because I thought it had great Specs for the price

AMD A10 7300 Apu

Radeon R6 Graphics

8Gb DDR3 Ram

1tb HDD 5200RPM

I planned to do some light gaming and school work and well Will it last me around 2-3years? Not hardware wise, but durability wise?

should be fine. Acer is a decent brand.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

IMO No.

Acer computers tend to have absolutely shit build quality, pretty much 100% plastic, not even a premium feeling plastic, its like the plastic you'd find on a $0.50 toy from china.

(Even some of their monitors have the same flimsy shit plastic build quality)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

In my experience cheap acer laptops are pretty bad but then again the other laptops in that price are just as bad.

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

IMO No.

Acer computers tend to have absolutely shit build quality, pretty much 100% plastic, not even a premium feeling plastic, its like the plastic you'd find on a $0.50 toy from china.

So as long as I don't drop it, it will last me?

NOO i have that laptop and its sooooooo bad, it wont even run cs:go at 60fps very low at 720p.

it wouldnt even run runescape at low.... stay clear of cheap amd apu laptops.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

should be fine. Acer is a decent brand.

I was over thinking my purchase and kinda doubted myself, it was normally 450-500$ but I got it for 350$. So I know I will be getting what I payed for. I hope it lasts me a while

I like them, they are usually quite affordable and fun to tinker with because...yes, they are cheaply made (and I like to see how much better I can make them with a few tweaks). Just do a clean OS install when you get one to get rid of the bloatware, they come with a lot.

NOO i have that laptop and its sooooooo bad, it wont even run cs:go at 60fps very low at 720p.

it wouldnt even run runescape at low.... stay clear of cheap amd apu laptops.

Obviously I knew that it wasn't to play games at demanding or high settings. Maybe some very light gaming. Mostly for school. Have you tried MineCraft on it?

Obviously I knew that it wasn't to play games at demanding or high settings. Maybe some very light gaming. Mostly for school. Have you tried MineCraft on it?

dude if you cant run runescape, you cant run minecraft.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

I like them, they are usually quite affordable and fun to tinker with because...yes, they are cheaply made (and I like to see how much better I can make them with a few tweaks). Just do a clean OS install when you get one to get rid of the bloatware, they come with a lot.

Yeah my sister's Lenovo has lots of BloatWare, I'll most likely upgrade to Windows 10 when I have the chance next week

Damn lol. Well I'm getting what I payed for.

Damn lol. Well I'm getting what I payed for.

not gonna lie, its pretty damn fast while browsing but thats about it, the hdd that comes with it is junk, every game i played i got bad fps stutter so had to put games on an external drive, but maybe i had back luck, then again my dad bought it and offered me it, his 2nd gen i5 laptop is better....

Yeah my sister's Lenovo has lots of BloatWare, I'll most likely upgrade to Windows 10 when I have the chance next week

:) I'll be doing the same to my mother's Acer whenever Windows 10 is available (already reserved the copy).

Good? not really. Great? Hell no. decent? definitely. 

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

So as long as I don't drop it, it will last me?

Maybe?

If you can still cancel the order or return it then I'd suggest doing that and getting one from a better company.

(ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte, Lenovo, Dell, Sager/Clevo, Aorus, Razer, all brands that are much better than acer.)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

:) I'll be doing the same to my mother's Acer whenever Windows 10 is available (already reserved the copy).

I have a question about the Reservation for Windows 8.1, to get the Windows 10 icon, it needs to be all updated right? Because on my sister's it does not show up and updating hers takes a very long time.

I have a question about the Reservation for Windows 8.1, to get the Windows 10 icon, it needs to be all updated right? Because on my sister's it does not show up and updating hers takes a very long time.

Yeah, as far as I know the computer must be up-to-date with Windows Update to get the Windows 10 icon.

IMO No.

This is because most people who buy Acers buy the crappy ~$300 models. There are some decently built models for that price range (with even further reduced specs) but honestly most of the others are just as bad. This shouldn't give Acer a bad reputation, because their higher-end models are actually really good, it's just that not many people take Acer into consideration as a brand when buying higher-end laptops. Look at the V15 Nitro for example, it's pretty epic.

"Rawr XD"

This is because most people who buy Acers buy the crappy ~$300 models. There are some decently built models for that price range (with even further reduced specs) but honestly most of the others are just as bad. This shouldn't give Acer a bad reputation, because their higher-end models are actually really good, it's just that not many people take Acer into consideration as a brand when buying higher-end laptops.

pretty much what i would have said, couldn't have agreed more.

$$金Trill金$$

I was wondering since I recently ordered one on Amazon. How long will it last me, I take very good care of my electronics. Is it a durable brand. I have heard some bad things about them but in general are they good for their price? Anyone have experience with any Laptops on the 400$+ Range?

I ordered one because I thought it had great Specs for the price

AMD A10 7300 Apu

Radeon R6 Graphics

8Gb DDR3 Ram

1tb HDD 5200RPM

I planned to do some light gaming and school work and well Will it last me around 2-3years? Not hardware wise, but durability wise?

I bought a $500-$600 Acer laptop once. It was broken and I had to RMA it. I then received another broken one which I then RMA'd. The third, and final laptop, was also broken. I got refunded for that one. I would not recommend Acer laptops to anyone if that laptop is less than $800.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

My laptop came in, Minecraft can be run maxed out at 55+fps

My laptop came in, Minecraft can be run maxed out at 55+fps

wtf, i wonder if mines screwed then :S, i might send it back for an rma.

wtf, i wonder if mines screwed then :S, i might send it back for an rma.

50+ fps at CSGO on medium on maxed out it's 45

50+ fps at CSGO on medium on maxed out it's 45

yeah my laptop must be screwed, i was getting 60+ fps on low at 720p but it kept dipping badly.