help deciding on a power supply

awepicness

So I found this amazing deal on the gtx 970 for $143 USD plus tax (making it about $154) and I bought 2. As a 15 year old with a low paying job, this probably wasn't my best choice, but I wasn't about to pass up this offer, and I'll make the money back eventually by working and selling my old pc. I plan on using both of them in SLI with an i5 4590 since I'm trying to save some money, and I was wondering what sort of power supply you guys would recommend. I was going to go with a 750w EVGA 80+ bronze rated PSU, but after doing some research it seems I may be a lot better off with an 850w gold rated PSU, which jumps the price up by about $25-30. Would it be worth it to go up to the 850w or would I be fine with the 750w if I don't plan on overclocking? Thanks!

PC gaming is superior to console gaming, but the gamers themselves are neither superior or inferior to one another: they're just people with varying degrees of understanding.

- http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/guide

I also enjoy watching SinusTechTips with @Puke_Lafr (from WAN Show Afterparty)

EVGA 750 G2 ^_^

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

750W is fine, as each 970 only uses around 175W.

Not even, you can get away with a 550w easily with two 970s. Well that is if you are not running a 9590. lol

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

alright thanks for all the responses guys, I'm gonna get a 750w power supply! I just wanted some extra confidence before I decided

PC gaming is superior to console gaming, but the gamers themselves are neither superior or inferior to one another: they're just people with varying degrees of understanding.

- http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/guide

I also enjoy watching SinusTechTips with @Puke_Lafr (from WAN Show Afterparty)

So I found this amazing deal on the gtx 970 for $143 USD plus tax (making it about $154) and I bought 2. As a 15 year old with a low paying job, this probably wasn't my best choice, but I wasn't about to pass up this offer, and I'll make the money back eventually by working and selling my old pc. I plan on using both of them in SLI with an i5 4590 since I'm trying to save some money, and I was wondering what sort of power supply you guys would recommend. I was going to go with a 750w EVGA 80+ bronze rated PSU, but after doing some research it seems I may be a lot better off with an 850w gold rated PSU, which jumps the price up by about $25-30. Would it be worth it to go up to the 850w or would I be fine with the 750w if I don't plan on overclocking? Thanks!

The XFX that @Sam Z Man linked is great for the money. EVGAs Supernova B2 750W will be more than enough to power your system as well.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Not even, you can get away with a 550w easily with two 970s. Well that is if you are not running a 9590. lol

Yes, but its good to have some wiggle room, and he talked about a 750W PSU in the OP.

Make sure it's OEM is reputable before buying it.

Yeah I would jump on that xfx psu. 50 bucks for that is a steeeeeeeaaal.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q