EVGA gold or platinum

martiman000
Go to solution Solved by Sam Z Man,

Your CPU only has enough PCI lanes for two cards at full speed.

His board has 4 gen3 8X slots, it's uses on board hardware to increase the number of lanes.

I need to buy a new psu to replace my somewhat cheap Lepa Maxbron 1000w. My top choices are the EVGA supernova G and P series and the corsair HXI 1000w. I've read in some threats that the evga g2 and gs performe badly with haswell cpus and idk if getting a g2 gold psu would be good or if I should stretch my budget and get the p2 or ps 1000w

I hope you actually need that amount of wattage.

I have 750g2 from EVGA and it works great with my i7 4770k

Adobe Photoshop Graphic Artist and PC Building Enthusiast

Corsair 750D | I7 4770 | Aorus Waterblocked 1080ti | z97A Gaming 7 MSI | EVGA supernova 750 G2 Gold | 900P 280Gb 256GB 850PRO 128 GB 850 EVO| 32GB Corsair Vengeance (4x8GB) | Logitech g502 mouse | Corsair K70 Cherry-MX Brown | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop |

Threats they perform badly with haswell?  I have a EVGA G2 1000W and have no issues with my 4790K

I assume you are talking about C6/C7 Idle Mode, which the G2 1000W supports

I hope you actually need that amount of wattage.

I have 750g2 from EVGA and it works great with my i7 4770k

Well I'm planning to run sli gtx 980 ti's at some point plus I'm in the process of water cooling my pc so a bit over board with 1000w seems like a somewhat kinda smart idea

Threats they perform badly with haswell? I have a EVGA G2 1000W and have no issues with my 4790K

I assume you are talking about C6/C7 Idle Mode, which the G2 1000W supports

Yeah it mentioned that, and a bunch of people in newegg and amazon where saying that the psu fried their components

how much SLI because 1000 watts is enough for almost 4 980's.

I meant 980 ti, and dual, triple at the most

EVGA G2 is currently the best power supply on the market under $200. I would get that

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Any PSU can fry your components

I know that, I was just a bit worried since a lot of people reported it, but I also knew that evga g and p series are amongst the beat of the best

You will only ever be able to go dual card SLI with that unless you have a special motherboard so 1000 watts is enough even if you overclock.

I know, I have the asus z97 ws which supports 4 way sli, idk how but it says it in the box and in linus' s review

I know, I have the asus z97 ws which supports 4 way sli, idk how but it says it in the box and in linus' s review

Your CPU only has enough PCI lanes for two cards at full speed. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I need to buy a new psu to replace my somewhat cheap Lepa Maxbron 1000w. My top choices are the EVGA supernova G and P series and the corsair HXI 1000w. I've read in some threats that the evga g2 and gs performe badly with haswell cpus and idk if getting a g2 gold psu would be good or if I should stretch my budget and get the p2 or ps 1000w

The people that have said that the evga g2 or GS are bad, are totally wrong. The g2 750, which I own, is one of the best psus out there. I researched it and many others before buying a PSU. Jonnyguru.com is one of the most reputable PSU reviewers out there and that is where I got a bulk of my PSU input.

It's always a good day if you woke up breathing.

Thanks everyone I think I'll go with the p2, just because I found it a 187.99 in amazon and well platinum rating with all jap caps. If I go over budget which I'll find out in 6 mins than I will get the g2. Thanks guys once again