Quick question about my cpu and gpu choice.

Hello, I have a quick question about my cpu and the graphics card I want to get.

I currently have an AMD A10-6700 APU overclocked to 4.20Ghz (came default) and just using the apu. but I want to get and install an EVGA GeForce GTX 750TI http://www.ncix.com/detail/evga-geforce-gtx-750ti-2gb-cf-94331-1371.htm?affiliateid=7474144 .

Will I have any main issues in compatability with the cpu and gpu? I know it might bottleneck somewhere but im not too concerned. As long as it can play my games (skyrim above 30fps, gta iv over 10fps, run payday 2. You get the idea...)

ive watched benchmark and performance videos but all are with some intel cpu and I dont want to spend more than I already am for the psu and the card itself.

TL:DR will an amd a10-6700 and gtx 750ti work fine with each other?

nevermind, yes it will work.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Hello, I have a quick question about my cpu and the graphics card I want to get.

I currently have an AMD A10-6700 APU overclocked to 4.20Ghz (came default) and just using the apu. but I want to get and install an EVGA GeForce GTX 750TI http://www.ncix.com/detail/evga-geforce-gtx-750ti-2gb-cf-94331-1371.htm?affiliateid=7474144 .

Will I have any main issues in compatability with the cpu and gpu? I know it might bottleneck somewhere but im not too concerned. As long as it can play my games (skyrim above 30fps, gta iv over 10fps, run payday 2. You get the idea...)

ive watched benchmark and performance videos but all are with some intel cpu and I dont want to spend more than I already am for the psu and the card itself.

TL:DR will an amd a10-6700 and gtx 750ti work fine with each other?

I'm pretty sure that APU is meant to combine the power of your cpu and gpu together for better performance but it only works on amd card. But if you want to get a nvidia card i dont think that it will have any compatibility issues. but if you want to utilize your APU go amd

I'm pretty sure that APU is meant to combine the power of your cpu and gpu together for better performance but it only works on amd card. But if you want to get a nvidia card i dont think that it will have any compatibility issues. but if you want to utilize your APU go amd

so if I install this card it will get slower? Im confused :/ I dont know too much about technical specs I just know how to put a pc together pretty much

I just want to be able to play my games properly which my built in graphics cant do over 25fps most of the time...

Also another question, will installing a seperate gpu help with the cpu temps since its not using the built in chip? Considering 100 degrees is never a good temp to play on, or should I look into more cooling methods?

so if I install this card it will get slower? Im confused :/ I dont know too much about technical specs I just know how to put a pc together pretty much

I just want to be able to play my games properly which my built in graphics cant do over 25fps most of the time...

Also another question, will installing a seperate gpu help with the cpu temps since its not using the built in chip? Considering 100 degrees is never a good temp to play on, or should I look into more cooling methods?

Again it all goes back to if you want to utilize your APU because if you want to spend a little money on a GPU get an AMD card so you can crossfire the gpu and cpu together for better performance, just upgrade your cpu cooler as well, reapply new thermal paste and monitor your temps closely cause 100c is really high.

Again it all goes back to if you want to utilize your APU because if you want to spend a little money on a GPU get an AMD card so you can crossfire the gpu and cpu together for better performance, just upgrade your cpu cooler as well, reapply new thermal paste and monitor your temps closely cause 100c is really high.

with an APU you can only crossfire very low-end GPU such as the R7 240 and R7 250, and the performance of that running in CFX with the APU would be even much less than the 750ti alone...also yes OP it will help with your CPU temps if you do not use the graphics of the APU. If possible though look for an R9 270 GPU as those are more powerful than the 750ti and won't cost much more most of the time, but they consume a little more energy.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Ok so I took pictures of my pc, turns out an r9 will not fit on my micro Atx mobo http://m.imgur.com/a/AN1US... kind of disappointed because I was starting to look forward to an r9 270, doubt theres another card that has the right fit for the same price/performance.

Also... the picture with the heatsink was for the chat I was on asking if it was posible to fit it in my pc

Ok so I took pictures of my pc, turns out an r9 will not fit on my micro Atx mobo http://m.imgur.com/a/AN1US... kind of disappointed because I was starting to look forward to an r9 270, doubt theres another card that has the right fit for the same price/performance.

Also... the picture with the heatsink was for the chat I was on asking if it was posible to fit it in my pc

go with the 750ti your PSU has pretty high chances of not liking the powerdraw from an R9 AMD card...the 750ti pull power from the motherboard and will run on this perfectly.

If you want more performance you'd need at least a new PSU and a new GPU, and maybe a new case...

go with the 750ti your PSU has pretty high chances of not liking the powerdraw from an R9 AMD card...the 750ti pull power from the motherboard and will run on this perfectly.If you want more performance you'd need at least a new PSU and a new GPU, and maybe a new case...

Psu already doesnt like my pc... its only 200w, getting a Corsair CX600M with the 750ti.

also... whats wrong with my case? Its fine for me, and I doubt that id want one of those fancy big cases.... I also have plans on making this a sleeper eventually edit:either this acer case which I like or an old dell optiplex gx280

edit edit: noticed theres 2 versions of the optiplex... http://media.engadget.com/img/product/19/ezw/dell-optiplex-gx280-1g7t.jpg this one, not the sideways one

Psu already doesnt like my pc... its only 200w, getting a Corsair CX600M with the 750ti.

also... whats wrong with my case? Its fine for me, and I doubt that id want one of those fancy big cases.... I also have plans on making this a sleeper eventually

Better cooling, better cable management, and aesthetically pleasing.

Better cooling, better cable management, and aesthetically pleasing.

there a way to mod my case for that? I already like the look of my case "I also have plans on making this a sleeper eventually" like I mentioned after I edited also I could use an old dell optiplex gx280 case that I like too

there a way to mod my case for that? I already like the look of my case "I also have plans on making this a sleeper eventually" like I mentioned after I edited also I could use an old dell optiplex gx280 case that I like too

mod your case for which one, cable management or cooling? For cable management if you're not gonna look inside your case much, dont worry too much about it, just make sure it doesnt get in the way of air flow. For cooling, add a fan in the back and if possible one in the front, that's about all i can say for the pictures you provided. And which gx280 are you talking about, there's like 3 of them.

mod your case for which one, cable management or cooling? For cable management if you're not gonna look inside your case much, dont worry too much about it, just make sure it doesnt get in the way of air flow. For cooling, add a fan in the back and if possible one in the front, that's about all i can say for the pictures you provided. And which gx280 are you talking about, there's like 3 of them.

http://imgur.com/a/7sHGI obviously going to change the mobo and dvd drive for compatability, the cpu is much different. Also, this case is where the heatsink and fan in http://i.imgur.com/pYOPWHGh.jpg are from

http://imgur.com/a/7sHGI obviously going to change the mobo and dvd drive for compatability, the cpu is much different. Also, this case is where the heatsink and fan in http://i.imgur.com/pYOPWHGh.jpg are from

I think in the long run you would definitely benefit from buying a new case and it doesn't have to be something big and fancy like a 900D. I would not recommend using the dell case.

I think in the long run you would definitely benefit from buying a new case and it doesn't have to be something big and fancy like a 900D. I would not recommend using the dell case.

ill stick to my case for now... already spending a lot for the psu and gpu, ill get a case when I feel safe doing a mobo swap and actually feel the need to, ill reply to this thread if I get any more issues

EDIT: i was being dumb and didnt notice the cords were shape coded... found out what goes where. testing is in progress