z200 speakers logitech

headphones 

240 gb ssd sandisk 

5x120 mm fans 

1 tb western digital 7200 rpm 

Noctua NH-U12P SE2 CPU Cooler

motherboard: msi z97 g43 

Corsair CXM 750W 80+ Bronze Power Supply

is it enough because I ordered the r9 390 for my build and I saw it reccommended at a minimum 750watts will it be enough? 

Yes it would be fine

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

my specs:

i5 4690k (I want to overclock)

r9 390 

z200 speakers logitech

headphones 

240 gb ssd sandisk 

5x120 mm fans 

is it enough because I ordered the r9 390 for my build and I saw it reccommended at a minimum 750watts will it be enough? 

Don't buy a Corsair CX power supply, They aren't good quality

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

my specs:

i5 4690k (I want to overclock)

r9 390 

z200 speakers logitech

headphones 

240 gb ssd sandisk 

5x120 mm fans 

No do not use a Corsair CX PSU for overclocking they are bad quality and definitely not reliable for overclocking

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

750W is plenty but the CX series isn't that good, the caps aren't reliable on the long term and the voltage is less stable as more expensive PSU's, which will limit overclocking. A higher quality 650W unit is a better choice.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

first-time builder made a noob mistake of going cheap with the power supply 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/XFX-Edition-Bronze-Semi-Modular-Supply/dp/B008O50WGA is this good enough for overclocking? could you suggest me a better one because I ordered it and I will return it as soon as I get it

I would get this instead. https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20750xr

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Don't buy a Corsair CX power supply, They aren't good quality

No do not use a Corsair CX PSU for overclocking they are bad quality and definitely not reliable for overclocking

750W is plenty but the CX series isn't that good, the caps aren't reliable on the long term and the voltage is less stable as more expensive PSU's, which will limit overclocking. A higher quality 650W unit is a better choice.

CX750 is actually decent. It is NOT the same as the other CX power supplies. Technically it should be a GS750.

However, EVGA 750B2 is the best choice for the price range.

"Rawr XD"

+1 on the EVGA 750B recommendation. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

thank you load guys, I was blindly thinking that corsair is a really good brand and I had no idea that the cx series isn't for overclocking and the evga seems really really good! Im going for the bronze though save myself money, really decent price as well! 

thank you load guys, I was blindly thinking that corsair is a really good brand and I had no idea that the cx series isn't for overclocking and the evga seems really really good! Im going for the bronze though save myself money, really decent price as well! 

The XFX is a good psu if you don't want the hassle of sending it back. I have the same one in my own pc.

The higher the rating the better the parts. Yes technically bronze is a power efficiency rating but they achieve better ratings and efficiency by using better parts in most cases. Honestly with the money you are putting into parts spend some more money to protect them and go at least gold rated. 650W is plenty for overclocking that setup.

I have a cx750 and my PSU has been great, done all sorts on it and its still going strong. As for the voltage supply yeah, that is more than ample. 

The higher the rating the better the parts. Yes technically bronze is a power efficiency rating but they achieve better ratings and efficiency by using better parts in most cases. Honestly with the money you are putting into parts spend some more money to protect them and go at least gold rated. 650W is plenty for overclocking that setup.

He doesn't need to spend extra money on a Gold rated psu. The XFX XXX, or the EVGA B2 are both solid units built by Seasonic and SuperFlower.