Mid-grade PSUs that come with 8-pin PCI-E

Ukko

Basically I'm building a new rig, the cliffnotes are i7, pny 770, standard atx... I'm thinking 600-650w should be fine, but I can't find a decent (modular) PSU that comes with a 8-pin PCI-E cable. The 770 uses 1x6-pin and 1x-8-pin -- I'm sure I could order the cable seperate but I just always feel kind of effy throwing an offbrand cable into a PSU, really don't want to fry my GPU over something so stupid -- I'll probably be giving that a shot as a last resort but I figured I'd ask on here before doing so:

Can anyone find a good modular 600-700w PSU with a 8-pin and a 6-pin PCI-E?  (Reputable sellers is ideal... god knows how many DoAs happen outside of them...)

Thanks in advance~

Basically I'm building a new rig, the cliffnotes are i7, pny 770, standard atx... I'm thinking 600-650w should be fine, but I can't find a decent (modular) PSU that comes with a 8-pin PCI-E cable. The 770 uses 1x6-pin and 1x-8-pin -- I'm sure I could order the cable seperate but I just always feel kind of effy throwing an offbrand cable into a PSU, really don't want to fry my GPU over something so stupid -- I'll probably be giving that a shot as a last resort but I figured I'd ask on here before doing so:

Can anyone find a good modular 600-700w PSU with a 8-pin and a 6-pin PCI-E?  (Reputable sellers is ideal... god knows how many DoAs happen outside of them...)

Thanks in advance~

EVGAs 550W GS will power your system just fine. I own one and there is a 6+2 pin (8 pin) for GPUs.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

er, I'm fairly confident that most PSU ship with a lot of cables with 6+2 pin ones (you can use either 6 or a total of 8 with it). EVGA sells a few cheaper ones, but personally I prefer corsair.

Corsair CX700W is awesome, I've used it in a system with dual R9 270X's and it worked like a charm! Low noise, great efficiency, and great price.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Corsair CX700W is awesome, I've used it in a system with dual R9 270X's and it worked like a charm! Low noise, great efficiency, and great price.

That PSU seems to only exist in weird parts of the world. I think you're recommending the CX750 and nonetheless that power supply is terrible for the price you pay...

Sorry.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||