Swapping cases and sorta making a new build...

What's up guys,

I'm currently saving up for a new rig,upgrading from my build I built in 2007. I'm planning a build that is future proof for the next couple of years and will allow me to run minesweeper on ultra...jk but I would like to run games at ultra at 1080p. This is what I came up with,http://pcpartpicker.com/p/cjxXzy , parts that are $0 I already own. I selected two ssds because I can't decide on which one is the better buy. I'm open to new case suggestions. I like the noctus design because my build is going to have blue leds, but I like a black and blue color scheme better than a white and blue scheme. Also I'm not sure about cpus, I heard this is the best one for my budget of $700, open to suggestions on this too. Thanks for the info and help in advance :)

How about a wapping Corsair 760T.? its neat. its quiet its flexible its full tower its really nice... and how about an intel 4790k.?

Honestly, if you're on a budget and aren't planning to overclock your CPU. Then that liquid cooler isn't worth it, for the price a good air cooler would be better. If you are going to overclock id spend a little bit more on a liquid cooling AIO (just make sure it fits your case) Maybe an h100i?

Adobe Photoshop Graphic Artist and PC Building Enthusiast

Corsair 750D | I7 4770 | Aorus Waterblocked 1080ti | z97A Gaming 7 MSI | EVGA supernova 750 G2 Gold | 900P 280Gb 256GB 850PRO 128 GB 850 EVO| 32GB Corsair Vengeance (4x8GB) | Logitech g502 mouse | Corsair K70 Cherry-MX Brown | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop |

Purchasing a 4690k and liquid cooler is a poor decision.  You would be better off to spend the extra $100 toward the i7 4790k and use the stock cooler.  You will get better value that way.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

i heard about someone modded de 780T so it changed the red leds for Blue ones, sick mod, But in my opinion, This upgrade Is completely Unnecesary, Just buy the SSDs , the internet card, the cooler and prob a mobo,But as i said this is useless, if your not planning on changing the GPU its kinda useless so yeah, if i was you id just buy the new SSDS

How about a wapping Corsair 760T.? its neat. its quiet its flexible its full tower its really nice... and how about an intel 4790k.?

Is it a loud case and is the 4790k worth the $100 jump, I've been using AMD since the beginning 

i heard about someone modded de 780T so it changed the red leds for Blue ones, sick mod, But in my opinion, This upgrade Is completely Unnecesary, Just buy the SSDs , the internet card, the cooler and prob a mobo,But as i said this is useless, if your not planning on changing the GPU its kinda useless so yeah, if i was you id just buy the new SSDS

I was thinking about doing that, but if I would want to upgrade in the future I would basically building a new rig.

Purchasing a 4690k and liquid cooler is a poor decision.  You would be better off to spend the extra $100 toward the i7 4790k and use the stock cooler.  You will get better value that way.

Why would you suggest a 4790K for gaming :blink:

Future proofing maybe, my friend has an i7 for a while and he loves it. I was thinking about swapping the cpu for an AMD 8core which runs at 4.0ghz

I was thinking about doing that, but if I would want to upgrade in the future I would basically building a new rig.

Your system is fine, Just do some OC at the moment, if i was you i would wait for intel sixth gen processors and the new nvidia cards, cus the era of LGA 2011 is almost ending or is halfway down.

Future proofing maybe, my friend has an i7 for a while and he loves it. I was thinking about swapping the cpu for an AMD 8core which runs at 4.0ghz

OK, for future proofing that is one thing, but (sorry for caps) NEVER GO AMD CPU FOR GAMING!! PLS!!

Your system is fine, Just do some OC at the moment, if i was you i would wait for intel sixth gen processors and the new nvidia cards, cus the era of LGA 2011 is almost ending or is halfway down.

I have an AMD Phenom II x4 945 3.00ghz, it's nice but I don't think it can handle the witcher 3 on ultra.

OK, for future proofing that is one thing, but (sorry for caps) NEVER GO AMD CPU FOR GAMING!! PLS!!

I have seen the graphs, my old cpu did fine though...

While the hyper threading feature is not useful for gaming today, keep in mind that the 4790k also runs at a higher clock speed.  Also, we don't know that hyper threading wont be useful for games in the future.  

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

I have an AMD Phenom II x4 945 3.00ghz, it's nice but I don't think it can handle the witcher 3 on ultra.

I have seen the graphs, my old cpu did fine though...

The FX-8350 can be beaten by a mediocre i3 or i5 on most cases...

While the hyper threading feature is not useful for gaming today, keep in mind that the 4790k also runs at a higher clock speed.  Also, we don't know that hyper threading wont be useful for games in the future.  

I know, but if on a tight budget, why suggest an expensive CPU like that?

The FX-8350 can be beaten by a mediocre i3 or i5 on most cases...

I know, but if on a tight budget, why suggest an expensive CPU like that?

I'm just pointing out that for the price of a 4690k + liquid cooler, he could get a 4790k and use the stock cooler.  In that case, the 4790k is a better value.

PC Build

Desk Build

I'm just pointing out that for the price of a 4690k + liquid cooler, he could get a 4790k and use the stock cooler.  In that case, the 4790k is a better value.

Ah, understandable :) sorry for being slow with thinking, I am at work :D

haha np.  You are right though - for a budget build, a mid range i5 is a good way to go.  He will get good performance for several years on an i5 CPU.  

PC Build

Desk Build

I

haha np.  You are right though - for a budget build, a mid range i5 is a good way to go.  He will get good performance for several years on an i5 CPU.  

I swapped out the i5 with an i7 and added a coolmaster air cooler on it, in the near future when I saved up a little more I'll replace it with liquid cooler. Thanks for the info, I was looking for my ways to make my build better :)

Is it a loud case and is the 4790k worth the $100 jump, I've been using AMD since the beginning 

Its got a fair amount of airflow and you'd liquid cool the processor which would give the benefit of an absolute 4.0+ghz and overclock would be even more so better. Amd produces too much heat output to be honest and power consumption as well, as well as their graphics cards like the r9 380 or others. they're very loud. I believe that it'd be very quiet and liquid cooling would help alot. but i suggest not going for liquid cooling on the GPU instead go for air cooling on that part. The case is very transaparent and has alot of room as well, well organized very quiet. ultimately its on you . :)) But yeah. you know what I suggested. :)