[US-Amazon] Astro A40s for $200

Bloodyvalley

Those are crap headphones. I wish people would stop buying these headphones.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Pretty crappy headphones in the first place and $200 isn't that big of a discount. Sorry m8.

Those are crap headphones. I wish people would stop buying these headphones.

I'm actaully very fond of them, what about them do you dislike exactly?

Did they trademark the word "Mixamp"? oh maybe they trademarked "+Mixamp"

710LHfMO1-L._SL1500_.jpg

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

I just returned my A50's that I bought for $270.  The range on those was limited to the room the receiver was in.  The comfort was lacking.  The buttons were in a bad spot and got bumped a lot.  Worst of all was the buzzing noise in the right ear.  The noise was worst any time I touched the sticks on the PS4 controller.  My experience left me very disappointed with the astro name and the A50 is basically a wireless A40 from what I understand.

I just returned my A50's that I bought for $270.  The range on those was limited to the room the receiver was in.  The comfort was lacking.  The buttons were in a bad spot and got bumped a lot.  Worst of all was the buzzing noise in the right ear.  The noise was worst any time I touched the sticks on the PS4 controller.  My experience left me very disappointed with the astro name and the A50 is basically a wireless A40 from what I understand.

Correct, and don't forget sounding like you're talking into a tin can if you ever decide to the use the microphone. Overpriced "mlg" labled garbage. They are the same if not worse than beats by dre. They have a high price just because of a NAME not quality.

Well buzzing on wireless is almost a given no matter the quality from what I've heard! The Astro's were more focused on consoles to begin with, and the microphones for us who play on consoles suck to begin with no matter what so it was never a problem. About the A40's in comparison.. You're right about the capability of the two, they're supposed to be very similar in terms of "power". Believe it or not but the A50's are said to be "better" in whatever means they say.

But I've never expeirenced any issues with my A40's at all! I believe they are better suited with the use of cables rather than wireless to be honest. I've always experienced crystal clear sound using the SPDIF cable and somewhat worse sound with the USB plug-in, though I must say that I absolutely ADORE the ability to run sound from your PC and your console at the same time thanks to the Mixamp! Speaking about the Mixamp; it's great. The sound it gives out to any headphones makes everything better! I even connect my speakers to that bad boy.

If you want Astro's for your console or PC I highly recommend the A40's over the A50's.