WiFi Range Extenders pls help

Hey All, 

Moved into new apt. My Linksys AC1600 isn't doing so hot as far as Wifi range goes, I think it's because the building is quite old, walls are bricks and solid concrete afaik. (Does that even affect signal? I'm not a networking guy at all) Was looking into range extenders, but not sure how well they would work. Streaming video, or even upload/downloading stuff in any room besides the office, where the router is located, is abysmal.

Was looking at this guy: TP-Link RE200 AC750 Extender

Would this broadcast the same SSID as my AC1600's wifi network? Is that how this kind of stuff works? I'd really prefer to not have to connect to different networks depending on what room I'm in.

Also, recommendations on range extenders, or solutions to my problem would be greatly appreciated. The router can't really be moved, because it's in the same room as multiple wired connections, and there isn't anywere to run long ethernet cables (no gaps under doors, etc..) Or are there settings within my router that I'm not considering? 

tldr: need performance enhancement for my wifi, pls reccommend

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

I would suggest you just buy a high-end router, and see if that helps, but even then, concrete walls are hard to push through, so you might need 2 routers, and put 1 on each side of the apartment.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

I'd recommend an access point over an extender. Extenders will reduce the bandwidth when connected to them, and often require you to connect to a different network, rather than sharing an SSID. 

Have a look at the Ubiquiti UniFi. It support PoE, so only one cable needs running to the actual unit, with a power adapter in the wall.