Has anyone actually used Amazon Instant Video?

So I was looking around Amazon, as you do, and noticed Amazon Instant Video actually seems to have a lot of good new movies that Netflix seems to lack, however the TV Series range looks pretty similar.

So I just wanted to ask anyone who has actually used Amazon Instant Video recently and used Netflix before if they would recommend getting Amazon Prime for access to Instant Video seeing as I can get it for only £39 a year because I'm a University Student (Much cheaper than Netflix pretty much half the price). (I used up my 6 month free trial but never tried Amazon Instant Video on it... lol)  

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

I wouldn't get it only for VOD. I only use it for watching Under the Dome, anything else I just watch on Netflix. Though there is a trial so you could see if you actually use it more than Netflix. But if you use Amazon a lot, the free 2 day shipping is well worth £39.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I use Prime Instant Video on nearly a daily basis. It's one of the many added benefits to a Prime membership. I also love their Prime Stations music streaming service (Similar to Pandora, Spotify, and the similar)

On top of that, i'm a regular shopper on Amazon, so it's a three-round knockout for me.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

I wouldn't get it only for VOD. I only use it for watching Under the Dome, anything else I just watch on Netflix. Though there is a trial so you could see if you actually use it more than Netflix. But if you use Amazon a lot, the free 2 day shipping is well worth £39.

I already spent all my trials :/ the normal one and the 6 month student one aha, I found the free next day/2day shipping to be really handy, I have brought 3 different things from amazon in the last 4 days which could have had Prime shipping 

But if the stuff on Netflix is also on the Amazon vod service I may switch over and cancel my netflix, it'll save me money and get all the other prime benefits, just wanted to know if the Amazon video library was actually good, or if the stuff they advertise is kinda all they have aha

I use Prime Instant Video on nearly a daily basis. It's one of the many added benefits to a Prime membership. I also love their Prime Stations music streaming service (Similar to Pandora, Spotify, and the similar)

On top of that, i'm a regular shopper on Amazon, so it's a three-round knockout for me.

Would you say there is a good range of content on Prime Instant Video? TV Show wise (That is what I mainly use netflix for) 

I guess I could knock out Spotify & Netflix in one go and save a bit of cash 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

if you get amazon prime you get a'lot more then the video service, music, storage, 2 day delivery exc.  the video service also allows you to buy movies or rent them for 24 hours so its a bit better then netflix. In my area we also have amazon fresh grocery delivery thats early morning and the pime free are subtracted from that service if you use it. All around Amazon prime is pretty good but remember its more then just video.

I had prime then I found out they had videos part of prime so I used instant video for a weekend to watch all the good stuff, great for a weekend but there is not that much on there

I live in the UK so I tried this alongside....

NowTV (on demand sports and movies and TV)

+

Netflix

Amazon in the UK has a slightly better library than Netflix in the UK in terms of big releases. Netflix trashes Amazon in the US.

Netflix has the best library of Anime (Excluding Crunchyroll)

NowTV has the best overall library in the UK due to it being owned by Sky, a satellite TV company in the UK which has a huge Monopoly on TV shows, Movies and Sports. It is the only TV company which gets immediate access to the latest US TV shows (Game of Thrones etc). However it is much more expensive than both Amazon and Netflix combined (if you include all the NowTV packages).

Netflix is the best in the US

Amazon is the best in the UK 

NowTV is the best in the UK if Price is not the issue

EDIT: Might be worth using a VPN with netflix. You can switch between the US and UK libraries at will and get the best of both sides of the Atlantic.

Spoiler

CPU:FX 8350 4.4 ghz (Upgrading to a 6700k!).Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R 2.0 (Upgrading to a Z170 Pro4!).GPU: Sapphire R9 290 (Arctic Cooler).RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS3 (Upgrading to 16gb ddr4 2400mhz!) PSU: Cooler Master B700. HDD: 120gb Hyper X Fury SSD, 500gb 5400rpm Caviar Blue Cooling: Hyper 212 (Switiching out with a Be Quiet! Pure Rock Slim for new build) 2x stock case fans.
Future Upgrades: h100i cooler, corsair sp120 fans, 1080p monitor, AMD->Intel CPU Switch

I use it on roku if a show I want to watch is there (seen all the anime I care to see on netflix, sadly.) so that I can skip crunchyroll ads or isn't on crunchyroll, but other than that, not really.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

I'll cancel my prime subscription because of prime instant video.

They are having nothing for me and the picture quality is bad compared to Netflix.

I'm one of those people who got Prime for the shipping discount. I live in the middle of nowhere so it comes in handy often enough to be worth it. Personally, I don't use ANY of the rest of it. I certainly wouldn't buy it for the Streaming. They've got some stuff there, but pretty much everything that interests me costs extra. "Rented" one of their streams and then coudn't even watch the darn thing--it's much harder on my connection than Netflix. They said you could download it, but I didn't read the fine print. Can't be done on a computer apparently.

I got it for free for 6 months with me being a student. And yes, I have used it to watch one or two things, but I notice alot of stuff only stays around for so long. I was in the middle of a series and bang, next day I checked it was no longer there.

The picture quality is alright and the slection is pretty poor. Not worth it imo. 

I use it since it comes with prime. One less company to pay.

They also use a really nice compression codec, keeps video clean and the video file size small.

I do and I find the movies quality to be pretty good. For less than half the price of netflix,thats a no brainer for me.I can even watch them on my ps3.