Which i5 For My Build?!?! I Have No Idea :(

Ok, So originally I was gonna go for the 4670K, Then I saw that it was about the same price as the 4690K so I decided to go for that. Then I thought about getting the 4440 and then the 4460.....THEN I did some googleing and discovered the 4590!

Basically I'm COMPLETLY in the dark about what I really need and what I really want. :/ 

I'll be doing some pretty intensive games and such at 1080p and I'm gonna have a R9 285 so that's not the issue, the problem is I will be doing a ton of work with programs like Autodesk Inventor, Maya, MudBox, 3DS Max, etc. Things like these benefit from more cores with more power. And then there's overclocking! Is spending the extra cash worth the extra Mhz in my case?!?!?! 

I'm a mess here, please help.. I have the money for the 4690K but I'd really like to save a few bucks.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Ok, So originally I was gonna go for the 4670K, Then I saw that it was about the same price as the 4690K so I decided to go for that. Then I thought about getting the 4440 and then the 4460.....THEN I did some googleing and discovered the 4590!

Basically I'm COMPLETLY in the dark about what I really need and what I really want. :/ 

I'll be doing some pretty intensive games and such at 1080p and I'm gonna have a R9 25 so that's not the issue, the problem is I will be doing a ton of work with programs like Autodesk Inventor, Maya, MudBox, 3DS Max, etc. Things like these benefit from more cores with more power. And then there's overclocking! Is spending the extra cash worth the extra Mhz in my case?!?!?! 

I'm a mess here, please help.. I have the money for the 4690K but I'd really like to save a few bucks.

what is your gpu?

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

Whichever is cheaper. The difference between the cheapest one and the most expensive non-K CPU is maybe 1/2 a frame. lol

Do you want to overclock?

Yes -> 4690K

No -> 4460

"Rawr XD"

what is your gpu?

oops. Forgot the 8. R9 285

Whichever is cheaper. The difference between the cheapest one and the most expensive non-K CPU is maybe 1/2 a frame. lol

Thing is I'm looking more at the 3D modeling performance more than the gaming performance

Yes -> 4690K

No -> 4460

I want to OC the thing is do I really need to? I'm not sure if it will give then much of a performance boost.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

oops. Forgot the 8. R9 285

Thing is I'm looking more at the 3D modeling performance more than the gaming performance

I want to OC the thing is do I really need to? I'm not sure if it will give then much of a performance boost.

go with this

Yes -> 4690K

No -> 4460

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

In gaming OC will give little performance boost, but in 3D modeling it will give you more noticeable gains.

HOWEVER if you're focused on 3D rendering performance I wouldn't get either of these i5s, instead I'd stretch towards getting a Xeon E3-1231 V3 instead, as it's basically an i7 and therefore has hyper-threading, which will greatly improve 3D modeling performance.

"Rawr XD"