Need help burning a video onto a disc

Go to solution Solved by Jlryan,

Download a free program called Ashampoo Burning Studio.

I used to use Ritek DVD+R blanks back in the day, never had a problem with them. You can get a 25-pack for fairly cheap.

And obviously you'll need a DVD Burner...

I'm looking to buy some DVD disc's to burn a video onto that will work in a DVD player.

I have no idea what I'm doing so what type of discs should I buy and how can I burn the video onto the discs?

I'm not sure what I'm doing exactly so sorry for sounding a bit stupid about it

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

17 years old, PC Enthusiast for 3. Be gentle with me, I'm only young.

Make sure you have a dvd writer in your pc. then buy some writable or rewritable dvd's. Then use a video to dvd converter to burn it onto the disc.

z0ne

EDIT: for the converter use https://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-Video-to-DVD-Converter.htm for instance

My Rig:

Model: P650RG | Brand: Clevo | CPU: 6700HQ | GPU: 980M | RAM: 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X DDR4 | SSD: 2x 480GB Kingston KC300 | Screen: 3K Panasonic IPS LED 

Download a free program called Ashampoo Burning Studio.

I used to use Ritek DVD+R blanks back in the day, never had a problem with them. You can get a 25-pack for fairly cheap.

And obviously you'll need a DVD Burner...

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

You just need to download some software like 'dvd creator' and then you will be able to burn dvds that any dvd player will recognise. Some software even allows you to create menus for your dvd.

Edit:

Just to clarify, simply using the in-built windows dvd burning functionality won't work for dvd players, when windows burns a dvd it treats it like external storage so your dvd player won't recognise it, you need specific software to burn a dvd-r that any dvd player will recognise

This is the disc drive I have, can I use it to burn onto discs? 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BZF31UU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

Yes you can with that one.

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

Great, I'll get onto that then,

Thanks for all of the software suggestions everyone, I'll see which one fits my needs best :)