Help choosing a laptop

Harry Livesley

My non tech-savvy friend is getting their first laptop. ill spare you the specifics, they have a $500 budget and the only store they can get to is best buy. Being English and not having a wide array of knowledge about low end products im not much help, so guys, whats the best laptop for gaming you can get from bestbuy for up to $500 (fyi i know it wont be good but its a start)

My non tech-savvy friend is getting their first laptop. ill spare you the specifics, they have a $500 budget and the only store they can get to is best buy. Being English and not having a wide array of knowledge about low end products im not much help, so guys, whats the best laptop for gaming you can get from bestbuy for up to $500 (fyi i know it wont be good but its a start)

What do they plan on using it for?

There isn't any gaming laptop you can get from BestBuy for $500.

Unless he's doing light gaming (Valve games, LoL, Minecraft, etc.).

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

OP said gaming.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Ill find it homy. I got you

There isn't any gaming laptop you can get from BestBuy for $500.

Unless he's doing light gaming (Valve games, LoL, Minecraft, etc.).

thanks. i know there arent any for gaming, i said that, but yeah, light gaming.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-15-6-thinkpad-mobile-workstation-4-gb-memory-500-gb-hard-drive-graphite-black/1312280210.p?id=mp1312280210&skuId=1312280210

Thats a for sure option. You will be able to run nearly any game. On low for sure. Medium gets iffy with some games. 

ive seen some others n the price range with 8gb of ram, surely they would be better (has no idea about ram i feel ashamed)