Turning CCTV Camera into an IP Camera

Ok, so here we go...

I have THIS Security Camera System. I found it at a garage sale for 200 bucks with 3 cameras included, and thought it was a steal. Now I realize my mistake. It is fully functional, but the programming sucks, it can't even record all the cameras at the same time (I will come back to this later), but it does have motion sensors. You can set the cameras to record motion if it detects any, but the thing is it takes forever it to stop recording on one camera, and start recording on another.

All the cameras connect wirelessly to the DVR.

Anyway, you plug the DVR into the tv with the included av cables, and you see the camera interfaces or whatever, you get it. So there is one view of all the cameras connected to it, like one in each corner. It warns you when you enter that view though that you can't record that view, which makes apsolutely no sense to me.

I was thinking that if I were to plug the av cables into a cheap capture card, then into a raspberry pi with a wifi dongle. If I did that, I could link that to YAWCAM or some other webcam to Ip cam thingy.

So, I hope this makes sense to everyone who reads this, and I also hope this is the right subforum.

I think thAt would work but you would need massive storage and a raspberry pi with a decent amount of cpu power.