High pitch noise on PSU

asdfgh00
Go to solution Solved by Sam Z Man,

Welcome to the wonderful world of coil whines

Hi. I just bought a V650 PSU from Cooler Master.

After I installed it to my rig it start to make a high pitch noise even if I turned it off.

Is it normal or should I request an RMA?

Case: NZXT H440     CPU: Intel core i7-4790k    RAM: 2x G.Skill ripjaws 4gb 1600mhz   GPU: Soon   CPU Cooler: Stock (will buy a decent one soon)     PSU: CM V650 80+ gold PSU.

Welcome to the wonderful world of coil whines

ohh a coil whine : /... I guess I got a bad one.. sigh

tnx for the info m8

Case: NZXT H440     CPU: Intel core i7-4790k    RAM: 2x G.Skill ripjaws 4gb 1600mhz   GPU: Soon   CPU Cooler: Stock (will buy a decent one soon)     PSU: CM V650 80+ gold PSU.

well yea.. I get ya. no one is safe from coil whine.

Meh , you'll get over it , my gpu has coil whine in certain games but i can't hear a thing when i got my headphones on. :)

You can probably get an RMA if it bothers you.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You can probably get an RMA if it bothers you.

I think I will give it some time.. cause the case I am using (NZXT h440) help to reduce the noise a bit and I am using a closed headphones.

but yea.. If it get's worse or if my hearing starts to degrade I will definitely request for a RMA

I think I will give it some time.. cause the case I am using (NZXT h440) help to reduce the noise a bit and I am using a closed headphones.

but yea.. If it get's worse or if my hearing starts to degrade I will definitely request for a RMA

you can allways try to find which coil it is and try to glue it down (iirc) to stop the whine if you are not afraid of voiding warranty

you can allways try to find which coil it is and try to glue it down (iirc) to stop the whine if you are not afraid of voiding warranty

well.. I am fairly new to this kind of thing so I would not risk it xD.. but tnx for the suggestion m8

well.. I am fairly new to this kind of thing so I would not risk it xD.. but tnx for the suggestion m8

NP , enjoy the wine :D:D:D