Activation lock Ipad

Bastbog

Hello

So i maybe done goofed..

Bought an ipad with the activation lock still on thinking i could bypass it, and it was definitely not as easy as i thought.

I am still in contact with the seller but he isn't the brightest it seems and i don't know if he will be able to help me.

Is it possible to replace a part of the ipad, perhaps the motherboard to get a clean ipad again?

Anyone have any experience here? 

Bought an ipad with the activation lock still on thinking i could bypass it

That sounds super dodgy and probably a stolen ipad.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

The guy is legit, just not very tech savy..

The guy is legit, just not very tech savy..

But the activation lock is activated when you report your phone is lost or stolen to apple through the find my phone app....

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

Does seem a bit dodgy....

Try restoring on iTunes

Hello

So i maybe done goofed..

Bought an ipad with the activation lock still on thinking i could bypass it, and it was definitely not as easy as i thought.

I am still in contact with the seller but he isn't the brightest it seems and i don't know if he will be able to help me.

Is it possible to replace a part of the ipad, perhaps the motherboard to get a clean ipad again?

Anyone have any experience here? 

Sounds like you got a sketchy deal, so you might have gotten a stolen iPad or a really crappy one that the seller had in his closet for about a year

Try to restore it using iTunes 

But I'm sure that the activation lock is used on stolen products

I come from a pretty small town where everyone knows everybody (sorta)

This is an older guy who don't know what to do with it and probably didn't set it up himself.

I tried setting it i DFU mode and reset through iTunes but that doesn't bypass the activation lock.

So the issue is he doesn't know his Apple ID, thus you can't get past the activation lock? But there is no passcode on the device or is there? 

If so then it's the worst possible situation lol, if it only had a passcode you could get through that a lot easier. Restoring through recovery mode (Not just normal iTunes) would help that  

But for activation lock I think there was a method that worked, but only on older devices (And on 8.1.3, not sure about 8.3 or 8.4 or w/e it's on), which gen iPad is it? Also I'm pretty sure the method was only a temp thing, and that after a certain amount of time the activation lock would come back up again

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

So the issue is he doesn't know his Apple ID, thus you can't get past the activation lock? But there is no passcode on the device or is there? 

If so then it's the worst possible situation lol, if it only had a passcode you could get through that a lot easier. Restoring through recovery mode (Not just normal iTunes) would help that  

But for activation lock I think there was a method that worked, but only on older devices (And on 8.1.3, not sure about 8.3 or 8.4 or w/e it's on), which gen iPad is it?

Well the ipad is in Setup mode so i can't even get to the lockscreen. 

I even tried helping him recover his password for his outlook email (that is connected to his icloud and through his phone) but he probably don't even know what i'm talking about.

It's an ipad air so fifth gen? First time having an Apple product and probably the last from the looks of it.

Iv'e searched for hours but only finding scams and viruses. So that's why i thought replacing the part that holds the icloud info maybe would help? 

Well the ipad is in Setup mode so i can't even get to the lockscreen. 

I even tried helping him recover his password for his outlook email (that is connected to his icloud and through his phone) but he probably don't even know what i'm talking about.

It's an ipad air so fifth gen? First time having an Apple product and probably the last from the looks of it.

Iv'e searched for hours but only finding scams and viruses. So that's why i thought replacing the part that holds the icloud info maybe would help? 

I'm about to leave for work in like 2mins, but sounds like there isn't much you could do unless you find out the original apple ID or recover the apple ID, what is it making it stuck in setup? Can't you pass through that to the lockscreen or does that again need the apple ID? 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

I'm about to leave for work in like 2mins, but sounds like there isn't much you could do unless you find out the original apple ID or recover the apple ID, what is it making it stuck in setup? Can't you pass through that to the lockscreen or does that again need the apple ID? 

I can't get past the activation lock so the lockscreen is a no go.

It's in first setup mode.

Thanks anyway man

Hi Bastbog, I work with iPads as part of my job. The only way you are going to get through this is with his iCloud password. Activation Lock has no bypass by design, as much as it puts some people in an awful position, its actually a fantastic feature.

Keep trying to push him to get his account password reset so you can type it in! Otherwise demand a refund. I highly doubt changing the motherboard will help, security experts aren't that stoopid :) Don't bother wasting money trying

Good luck!

Hi Bastbog, I work with iPads as part of my job. The only way you are going to get through this is with his iCloud password. Activation Lock has no bypass by design, as much as it puts some people in an awful position, its actually a fantastic feature.

Keep trying to push him to get his account password reset so you can type it in! Otherwise demand a refund. I highly doubt changing the motherboard will help, security experts aren't that stoopid :) Don't bother wasting money trying

Good luck!

Yeah it looks like there's no way past this besides having the password, it's a good feature but  it sucks when it comes to situations like this.

i'll see if i can get the old guy to call apple and see if they can work it out even though he remembers nothing. 

Thanks

You're stuck OP, the only way to remove the activation lock is by having access to the registered account on the iPad, no other method works, I restored an iPad for my relative, had to spend about 15 mins trying different e-mail passwords to successfully log in and restore the device.