What cables are included in modular power supplies?

Go to solution Solved by Str_Mape,

That particular power supply comes with 4 x 6+2 pin cables so you'll be fine.

1f1c98e8e2.jpg

@Cameronazzi Be sure to follow your own topics so you get notifications when people reply, the follow button is near the top right of the page, above the orange "reply to this topic" button.

I'm looking to buy a PSU to power my gaming PC that I will be building soon - for the graphics card I am getting an R9 390 Nitro from SapphireTech - I did notice that it requires 2 x 8-pin connectors, whereas a lot of GPUs use 2x6-pin, will the XFX XTR 650W have enough of the correct cables?

To ensure I see your reply, quote my post.

Got any questions? Send me a message.

all of which come with a standard psu.

these are the included cables

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/XFX/XTR650/images/box_cables.jpg

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

That particular power supply comes with 4 x 6+2 pin cables so you'll be fine.

1f1c98e8e2.jpg

@Cameronazzi Be sure to follow your own topics so you get notifications when people reply, the follow button is near the top right of the page, above the orange "reply to this topic" button.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

the cables should also be listed on the box or on the product page if youre shopping online

Pretty much all modern psu's come with 6+2 pin cables. They should be listed on the manufacturers page.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Thanks everyone! :D

To ensure I see your reply, quote my post.

Got any questions? Send me a message.