FREE COMPUTER CASES

AbleArcher4790k

Hey guys..Just to say i love this forum  which is why im positing it here....

I work at a precision sheet metal shop.. we have 4 State of the art CNC machines we do work for boeing and lockheed martin, (usa aircraft companys) and i ordered a 900d and i thought i can make this at my job sooo easy like its crazy, so i went to the boss who is a family friend, showed him the 900D and said we can do better and he agreed to craft the case i made threw our shop but i have to make 10 of them and work threw my lunch break..which is fine by me cause hes only charging me material..I need ideas for designs and stuff ...im going to post pictures of my shop tommorow in this thread. but any ideas just roll em off..This can be fun 

Make it a turbine design, It is simple and reliable, One huge fan in the front, PSU in the back corner, A smaller fan in the rear. Motherboard laying down in the middle.

Instead of having the back-io showing on the side, Have it in the case and have the cables through a hole.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

perhaps you could do one with the mobo on the opposite side(i like my pc on the left and i love looking at my pc parts )

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

keep it basic. since they are free invest some money in some Boss Paint jobs.

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Make it a turbine design, It is simple and reliable, One huge fan in the front, PSU in the back corner, A smaller fan in the rear. Motherboard laying down in the middle.

Instead of having the back-io showing on the side, Have it in the case and have the cables through a hole.

I like that idea ALOOTTTTTTT 

but it mighut cause turbulance with graphics cards put in so maybe the fan up top

keep it basic. since they are free invest some money in some Boss Paint jobs.

the paint we use there is is like crazy expensive aircraft paint so they are all going to be brushed aluminum

If you get it done id like to see some pictures, It would be pretty rad

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

instead of of mother board lying down in the middle we can have it on its side to the left like this "|--" that kind of design with the solid line being the motherboard and dash line the graphics 

ha i just realized that is how a normal mother board is i have some old boards and gpus ill post pics tm after lunch break for more input 

Do an Inverted motherbaord layout, we don't see enough of them around and have all the io buttons ontop of the case it makes life so much easier.

Do an Inverted motherbaord layout, we don't see enough of them around and have all the io buttons ontop of the case it makes life so much easier.

This! Inverted mobo looks amazing and is almost disorienting the first couple times you see it

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

You should make the case modular.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

I think that you should go for a case that is mAtx and have it just a rectangle with window on top but use a dual chamber design under the main window for psu, could also make it modular to add another bottom piece to it for external storage- vaguely similar to the stackers from corsair but allow a dual chamber.

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

...Sounds like...you should send me a case to paint/Mod

:D

i was thinking the same, hell id even buy one if its ATX I would love to have a user made case :) I also want to start doing some videos and such on pc mods and such :D

If you have a CNC machine make a robotic case mod that walks off your desk, plugs itself in at your neighbour's house and starts coin mining when you're not at home. I'm working an ITX case that's a melange of the Deepcool Gamerstorm Cube and the InWin H-Tower, and all I have is a wrench.

If you can, make the case be actively cooled by fans, and passively cooled by the case. It would also be incredibly cool to have the case itself be a watercooling loop. If you can make it similar to a barrel, then you can have a sort of "port" on the top for external drives or a CD bay. Also, make a good paint job!

Make it like a turbine, but pointed vertically like a Mac Pro. I bet the cooling would be wonderful.

If you aren't too constrained you should definitely incorporate the pipes radiators and resivoir of a watercooling loop into your case with fittings for the rest of the pipes. One that would be badass, two that would save you at least £100+ and three the body of the case could aid in cooling decreasing the amount of/rpm of fans, decreasing noise. Also you wouldnt have to worry nearly as much about metal mixing in your loop :D. Just think about it......